4: In Town

//Joker's Point of View//

It had been three days since I fucked with Lucy for being difficult.

I didn't regret it. Not one bit.

I was currently heading to a bank to perform a robbery with a few of my henchmen. I was deep in thought, and they seemed to know something was wrong.

I wouldn't tell them anything, of course.

Why would I?

I snickered to myself. They were just mere pawns in my life. That was truly funny.

We halted to a stop, the new guys lurched forward with the van as I laughed. Oh, they would get used to that. Flustered, they busted the back door open as I followed behind, gun in hand, hands shaking with anticipation. Oh, what fun I was going to have!

We ran in, my pawns went to their positions. Their job was crowd control, making sure no one did anything to alert the pigs. My job was to grab all the money, and my hacker was currently working on the vault. I was about to go to the vault when I saw a recognizable face and stopped in my tracks.

The familiarity of the short, strawberry blonde curls falling down on the innocent face of Charlotte as her wide, blue eyes looked at me, unsure of what to do. "Hostage!" I screamed, rushing to her and grabbing her by the wrist as she let out a shriek that sounded more fake than real. I rolled my eyes as I brought her into the vault with me. It was just her and I now.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I hissed as I started to shove money into duffel bags.

"I was going to surprise Lucy!" she stammered, unsure of what to do. I pointed my gun at her, causing all the color to drain from her face.

"Help me, pretend I'm forcing you to do this."

Her shaking hands started to shove money into duffel bags as I continued doing so as well. "Maybe next time you should let us know, so shit like this wouldn't have happened," I spoke. I couldn't help but crack a grin as I let out a short laugh. "Even though this is quite funny."

"I saw what happened to Lucy," Charlotte spoke, shoving money faster now. "The scars." She looked me in the eyes. "How's she doing?"

I clicked my tongue. "Not good."

"Why not?"

"She flew off the handle. She's not herself anymore," I finished with the duffel bags, throwing them at the henchmen who started to pour in and waited to speak until they were gone. "She's very cynical and wicked. Come by later. See for yourself. Oh, and. . . " I reached forward and grabbed her by the collar. She flinched at the action, but I took this opportunity to grin into the camera. "Don't come to the bank often here. You'll get killed." I pushed her back, and ran out of the building to the getaway vehicles before the cops could reach the bank. Too easy.

--

//Charlotte's Point of View//

Visit Gotham? Check.

Deposit the checks I forgot to? Check.

Piss myself? Check.

Joker was a scary man, I wasn't sure how Lucy didn't flinch at his craziness.

First, I was going to stop by and grab a coffee at the local coffee shop. I knew exactly what Lucy liked to drink, and I wanted to get her something to cheer her up. A caramel Frappuccino.

I walked in while checking my phone for any messages, but I ran right into someone. I fell onto my butt with a gasp, looking up at the person I ran into. A cute brunette man with glasses. "O-oh, I'm so sorry!" he spoke, holding his hand out for me to take to help me up. I grabbed it, and as soon as I did, I felt a spark. He helped me up, and looked into my eyes like a classic romantic movie.

My heart jumped in my chest. Ever since my breakup with Jacob, I hadn't felt like this for anyone. And to have a connection so quickly.

"It's okay," I breathed after realizing I hadn't said anything. He smiled at me.

"I haven't seen you around here before. New to town?"

I smiled. "In town visiting a friend of mine."

"Well," he spoke, hesitating for a moment before smiling. "Want to uh. . Want. . Maybe I can show you a-around one day? Er, if you want—"

"I would love to," I blurted. Wow, saying yes to a date to a complete stranger. "I'm free Friday. By the way, my name's Charlotte."

He smiled as I handed him my phone to program his number in. "I'm Edward. Nice to meet you."