11: War Begins

It was time to initiate war. Batman had already sent his message, beating one of our henchmen to a pulp, telling him, "Tell Miss Morphine and Joker I'm coming for them." 

I wasn't going to lie. I was intimidated by his words, and how he relayed his message, but Joker and I were going to stand our ground. "No matter what happens," I told Joker, looking into his eyes. "We're in this together. Any villains willing to fight with us?" 

Joker snickered. "Most of them don't want to get involved unless there is something in it for them. I told Poison Ivy we'd get her a Desmodium Gryans and Aristolochia Grandiflora if she teamed up with us, so she agreed. Catwoman killed her last pair. I also asked Killer Croc, who wants to do it for free in order to eat Batman, and Scarecrow, who is also plotting revenge." He started to clap now. "Oh, how fun!" 

"Okay," I breathed. "So, Joker, Miss Morphine, Catwoman, Killer Croc, and Scarecrow against Batman, and possibly Superman. . . " I examined my outfit. It was the same as the last one, but pure black. I kept my white hair as well, which drooped down my shoulders and back. I was considering putting it up, but I wanted it free for this battle.

Joker and I started to walk in formation in the middle of Gotham. Citizens met our glances and started to nervously run, some screamed as they fled, others hid behind objects. I gave a triumphant grin as I approached the same battle grounds I had destroyed, causing construction workers and city workers to flee immediately, architects scrambling to get their paperwork and go.

"Batman!" I shouted with my hands up, Joker handed me a megaphone and I lifted it up to the sky. "Batsy, Batsy, Batsy! I know you're watching me. Come out!" I snickered into the megaphone. I lifted my arm towards a crowd of people, who shivered at my action. "The crowd gets it if you aren't here in three. . . two. . . one." I was about to release a canon of dark energy when he glided off of the top of a building, throwing three Batarangs at me. I allowed the darkness inside of me to take hold as I caught them in the air and grinned. They hung suspended in the air in dark matter, I whipped the energy like a whip and flung the weapons back at him. He dodged them and landed on the ground, grabbing my skirt and pulling me towards him. I gave a surprised yelp, but Joker had my back, he reached out and stabbed Batman in the chest through his uniform, causing Batman to fall back to avoid severe damage. He glared at Joker.

"Oooh hohoho hoho!" Joker snickered. "Did I ruin your little outfit, Bats? Oh, I am ssssooo sorry," he snickered as he kicked Batman, causing him to stumble back.

I roundhouse kicked Batman in the head, causing him to stumble and grab his head as he reached his arm out quickly, landing a blow to my head causing my dark energy to dissipate in the air as I gasped and lost control of my mind for a moment. I shook my head and took out a weapon I hadn't used in a long time: My samurai sword. I raised it high in the air and brought it down with great force, but Batman lifted his arm and blocked with his armored sleeve, using the spikes on it to twist the blade out of my hands and onto the ground. I spun high to kick him again as Joker went down low to grab my sword, throwing it into the air as I caught it, aiming for Batman once more who didn't see this coming. I hit him hard enough with the sword to penetrate his armor and draw blood along his shoulder. He retaliated by grabbing my waist with both hands and throwing me like a football, which surprisingly made me fly a few feet back. I crashed onto the ground and let out a groan as I felt my wrists take the blunt of the landing, but I got back up and started to wield my powers. I felt my eyes switch to black as I started to swirl it above in the air like a storm, but I stopped once a ray of red slammed into the ground in front of me. I dodged it and looked up, and realized what was going on.

A suit of blue with a red and yellow S in on the chest  came into view, but there was more to it.

Superman.

He landed behind Batman to the left, but another figure made itself visible. It was a woman with golden armor surrounding her breasts and hips, red spots of fabric on the sides of her abdomen and blue panty-like pants with white stars. She had long, red boots and silver cuffs on her wrists.

 Wonder Woman.

Behind Superman, but more to the left emerged another figure. A man in black with a green lantern pressed against his chest and a green eye mask. 

Green Lantern. 

The man behind Green Lantern was a green man, he wore a red X over his bare chest and blue shorts. This ensemble was paired with a blue cape, and blue boots. 

Martian Manhunter.

Behind Wonder Woman, but a tad to the right, another superhero made themselves present. He wore a red spandex suit with a yellow lightning bolt in a white and yellow circle in the center of his chest, his hairline was covered and he had two lightning bolts coming out where his ears would be. 

The Flash. 

Behind The Flash came the last person. A man in a yellow, scaley suit, long green gloves, and green fitted pants.

Aquaman.

I took a step back as my eyes widened. I exchanged a look with Joker as we realized the severity of the situation.

The Justice League stood before us in perfect formation, staring down at us like we were maggots, and they were about to crush us. 

I held up my radio to my mouth. "It's war." I spoke before I placed it back in the holster on the belt of my skirt.

Behind us, the ground shook as Killer Croc made his way behind us to the left, and Poison Ivy to the right as plants licked up the ground and through the cracked pieces of road. 

Scarecrow made his way through the ground, pushing the pieces of asphalt aside as Poison Ivy plucked him from the ground, his brown potato sack mask ripped at the mouth and his outfit sagging, but I knew once he released his toxins in the air, he'd look so much more intimidating.

Here we were, a small group of infamous Gotham villains, faced against our biggest enemy yet. The collective Justice League, the protectors of the world. 

I stretched my fingers tentatively. There was no turning back now.