A Problem Arises

"So what are you telling me Captain?" Coulson asks looking at me with a blank look.

"You know what I'm trying to say." I tell him quietly. Two months uncalled for. We don't know where she was. What she was doing who she interacted with and that's bad. No it's dangerous. We stare at each other for a good while before Coulson takes off again.

"Get Romanoff and Barton on." He tells Agent Hill she nods and presses the button of her com-link. She talks rapid fire explaining the situation to both of them. Romanoff is up on level one when we get there. Barton exits an elevator at the same time as we do. Natasha looks pissed. She has her arms crossed and is tapping her foot impatiently.

"Are we sure?" Romanoff asks, stopping Coulson and placing a hand in front of him. Coulson looks form me back to her then at Barton.

"No, but why not check it out." I don't like the sound of that.

"How do we know that..."she stops. She doesn't want to ask if anyone thinks I'm crazy or not. Who knows how I'll react. I don't even know!

"I'm positive." I confirm with a nod of my head.

"Good enough for me." Barton says gruffly a hard look on his face. I think he did miss having Astella around. He's seemed.. Gloomier. By his standards anyway he seemed gloomier. Astella lifted our spirits in a way. She just had that affect. I'm not jealous just observant. Even Tony the day after Astella had... I guess it can't say died anymore. She was alive. Blood and flesh. But exploded sounded too harsh. Tony angry and upset stormed out of S.H.I.E.L.D saying that he was done. No more Avengers. No more saving the world. He was done. And he left. Occasionally you hear stories of Iron Man making an appearance but not as much as one might hope. "Should we inform Stark?" Barton asked as we headed toward the armed black SUV's.

"Not until we are fairly certain Barton, that this is Astella." Coulson replied climbing into the passenger seat.

"In here with me Agent Hill, Captain." Coulson said as he closed the door. I gestured for Maria to get in first and she gave me a small smile. Barton and Romanoff branched off and got into a separate vehicle. I slid into the seat next to Maria and closed the door.

"So, son.." Coulson said slowly looking at me over the rim of his sunglasses. Oh right. I said i was coming back with my dad.

"What kind of scene should we expect from Astella." Coulson asked.

"I don't.. I don't know.. She's.. Unstable." i replied slowly.

"She's insane." Maria replied. She didn't mean it in a harsh way. I was just softening it up a bit. I didn't want to distress her or Coulson.

"In a way i suppose, but she does remember us. Well me. She remember's me and i don't know it's like she's stuck. Inside her head." i replied.

"So how do we get her out?" Maria asked.

"Psychologists, and if not then.." he didn't say anything. A silent answer. We couldn't have an insane, powerful girl who could reveal all of S.H.I.E.L.D's secrets. We were silent the rest of the ride.

"I think it's best if Coulson and I just go in." I say looking over toward Agent Hill as she begins to rise from her seat. She opens her mouth to argue but is interrupted by Coulson.

"I agree... Son." I try not to laugh nervously at his words.

"Let's go.. Dad.." i add for good measure. Maria rolls her eyes as i open the door and get out. Coulson grabs up all the necessary papers and ID's. As we head toward the grim brick building he tugs at the tie around his neck. "Are you nervous?" i ask trying not to laugh.