Everything In Between

Astella covers her eyes and winces as we step out. I grab hold of her elbow and lead her along while Tony and Clint walk ahead of us. Clint glances back at us and Astella removes her hand blinking rapidly. "Wow. How long have I been out of the light?" she questions.

"I don't know." i reply honestly before we step into the elevator.

"Where are we anyways?" Astella asks glancing back down the hall. "S.H.E.I.L.D Headquarters?" i think she already knows the answer to that question though.

"Avengers Tower." Clint replies with a smile. Astella smiles back and her eyes seem to adjust as Tony presses the button for the elevator. We begin to ascend as rock music blares startling Astella.

"Wow, nice twist on elevator music." she says beaming proudly and slowly nodding her head back and forth to the song coming through the speakers.

"Wait until you see the rest of the tower." Tony says with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Can't wait for a tour!" Astella replies happily smiling over at him. Everything seems natural and normal i almost don't want to believe that Astella could still be working with Hyrda and still act like everything was normal and fine. Clint smirks.

"Don't you already have visual of what's in the tower?" he questions. Astella shrugs.

"I mean yeah but i still want a tour." she mumbles glancing at the floor. I chuckle and she smiles up at me. The elevator dings open and the aroma of food hits me hard. "Smells amazing up here." Astella says stepping out. Natasha and Maria turn immediately at the sound of her voice. Astella gives them a weak smile and waves slightly.

"Astella!" Pepper cries out making her way towards us before wrapping her arms around her in a hug. Astella hugs her back smiling.

"Hi." she says shyly tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"How are you feeling?" Pepper asks rubbing her arm. She shrugs.

"Awful for what I've done." Astella says honestly.

"Well it's all behind us now right?" Pepper turns and stares at Maria and Natasha who remain blank faced, emotionless. "Right. So, let's get some food in you. Skinny as a twig." Pepper says looking her up and down. Astella laughs and follows her to the table.

"So far so good right?" Tony murmurs following her with Clint and I just a few steps behind. Nobody, to my surprise put up much of a fight about Astella being out and about. Not even Natasha. She just glared quietly at her food and didn't look our way.

"So Astella has Tony shown you your room yet?" Pepper questions out of the blue as we're about to finish up breakfast.

"My room? No." she replies biting into her apple.

"You'll like it." Tony said.

"It's not a replica of my old one is it?" Tony furrowed his eyebrows.

"Better go change it." he mumbled. Astella started laughing and i couldn't help but smile as the sound bounced around the room.

"No it's nothing like your old room." Pepper replies rolling her eyes at Tony.

"Wanna see it?" he questions. Astella shrugs.

"Why not." A sort elevator ride later we're standing outside a closed door on the women's floor. Astella has yet to take a look inside. "I swear if it's anything stupid or looks completely awful." she murmurs her hand touching the doorknob.

"Wouldn't you know already by that weird i know your whole life story imaging thing?" Astella shakes her head.

"I like surprises. I've been suppressing the urge to reach inside your mind and find it." She shakes out her shoulders and sighs before opening the door and letting it swing open. The walls are a soft blue color and large posters like the one's we had up in her identical room, that she had in her actual room, are framed and hung in various parts of the room. There's a large stereo and a giant collection of CD's stacked up near it. The wall in front of her bed is covered in a floor to ceiling book shelf that stretches all the way to the door and ends at the window. "Oh wow.." Astella breathes out taking it all in. "Like the color." she says moving toward the books and sliding her fingers across the spines.