One Giant Sleepover

"You know I've actually been working on something. This should be fun. Banners already there." I arch an eyebrow I didn't know Banner whet back to New York. I would've thought he'd left the country, gone somewhere else.

"There you go." Coulson says sounding satisfied.

"What about Astella?" I demand. Another sigh from Coulson. Maria stares at the floor tapping her foot and Clint keeps flexing his burned hand. He might have hurt it again when he was up against Astella. Holding a bow with a burnt hand probably doesn't feel too good.

"For now we have to assume that Astella is no longer on our side. From here on out she is no longer our priority." I'm so shocked I don't know what to say at first.

"Coulson! We can't just let Hydra have her!" I shout at him.

"Not my orders." He replies immediately. Fury. In blind rage I punch a hole in the wall next to me. Pulling back plaster and bits of paint fall down.

"Calm down Steve. If Hydra has her we should expect her to fire back at us. What better way to kill off the Avengers then by using one of their own teammates against them." They would use Astella against us. I can see them doing that. It's just down their alley.

"Head to New York. Stay safe." He signs off. We stand there awkwardly for a bit.

"Well, I will get my suit and we'll try and find a way out of her since I'm the only one who can really fly and I'm not about to carry any of you." Tony states. Sighing we follow him back through the damaged hallways before leaving L.A for good.

Unusually the semi damaged aircraft we had used to get to downtown L.A when "Loki" attacked so still there. I guess S.H.I.E.L.D didn't have another use for it seeing as it's pretty badly broken and Hydra just couldn't be bothered. "Easy fix. We'll be out of here and back in New York in no time." Tony says cheerily as he sets out to fix it with what little tools he has. The rest of us do nothing more but stand around and watch as Tony and Maria argue over heat goes where, because apparently she's fixed one of these things before. In a little over an hour the ship is prepared and ready for take off.

"Alright everyone in! We have just enough fuel in this bad boy for a one way trip to New York city!" Tony calls out happily slapping the sides of the ship. Clint and I exchange a look before leaning up off the wall and heading for the open hanger. The ride is bumpy to say the least. Tony, and Natasha fight the whole way. They both want to be the one to fly the plane and Maria gets them to settle for co-piloting which doesn't make either of them happy. It's either full control or no control. Clint and i grip the edges of our seats as they continue to argue and fly us just below the cloud line back towards New York. The sun is blinding us as we head in it's direction.

"How much longer?" i murmur more to myself than anyone else.

"Shouldn't be long." Natasha replied ceasing her fighting with Tony for a minute to answer my question. I don't even know how she heard me. We land on top of a parking garage. It's the only place big enough for us to land on. We exit the craft and with one last shudder the engine gives out.

"Just in time." Tony says happily clipping me on the shoulder. I sigh and shift the strap of my duffle bag. I don't have much. Some clothes, my suit, and my shield which is strapped to my arm. "I'll have some guys come pick this up." Tony says backing up and turning around to point at it.

"You have guys that pick up machines for you?" Clint asks. Tony shrugs.

"We could always have Banner do it." Tony replies with a shrug walking towards a black limo that pulls up onto the garage. A woman steps out. I recognize her as Pepper Potts.