The Demolition

Astella's Point of View

I turned over in my bed slowly before sitting up and placing my feet on the ground. Rubbing my eyes and trying to act as cool and calm as possible i stood up and walked to my adjoined bathroom before shutting the door quickly and staring at myself in the mirror. I had to get out of here. I had already figured out where all the security cameras were and how all the thermal detectors worked and how to deactivate everything. It didn't take much. I also figured out how to rewire the cameras so they would be on a continuous loop of an empty hallway. It was easy.

Before, back when I figured out I had this power over electricity I was only good at short circuiting things and shooting bolts from my fingertips. Then during the battle for New York, the second battle really. I was able to make a constant current flow over my body so that anyone who touched me would be zapped. Chock full of electricity. It must have been some time between then and now that I figured out how to hack into things through an electric board, and becoming tech savvy in general. Not as good as Tony obviously. I just knew how wires might work if you crossed one over another. I could also just feel, and sometimes even see the electricity. It hummed through the building and up in the air. Even through people. It wasn't enough for anyone to notice but it was there. Small, thin streams of electricity humming over the city. It was beautiful and mesmerizing.

Sighing I closed my eyes and listened now. For any sign that someone was awake and about and also for the constant hum that filled the back of my brain. Nobody was up. I tuned in on the humming sound and squeezed my eyelids together in concentration. All I had to do was send couple tiny shocks of electricity to the mainframe and fix the cameras to a single point and take down any other security precautions. I would put them back up as soon as I was clear of the building but I just didn't need anyone to know, right now anyways, where I was going and what I planned to do. I tapped my finger against the wall and watched as a small line of electricity shot from it and seeped into the wall before heading off into the electrical wiring of the whole building I waited another minute before exiting the bathroom and climbing back into my bed. I knew very well that there was a camera in my room. I felt it when I walked in the room.

That's how it was with me now. I could feel what was plunged in where and how it was attached to the wiring of the building. At first I didn't feel it. What with the stereo, lamps, and swinging bookcase. It was so small and minuscule I almost brushed that of, but I caught onto it. I guess I couldn't blame them. I wouldn't trust me either, but part of me wondered if it was also some sort of safety precaution. They didn't have one in the bathroom, just the bedroom. When I felt around at everyone else's rooms though there was nothing. Something clicked in the back of my mind and I understood immediately.

Standing up and changing quickly I had exactly five minutes before the thermal readers clicked back on. I pulled on my pants and strapped my buns at the side. Then sliding on a different shirt and zipping up my jacket I checked myself in the mirror. Blonde hair and blue eyes. I remembered. I stared at the imagine in the mirror and willed my eyes to become blue and my hair to change to blonde. It happened easily, quickly. Then I glanced down at the S.H.I.E.L.D emblem and morphed it into a Hydra one. For all appearances I was Agent Krüger again. Brushing my long hair back I stepped out of my room and as quickly and quietly as i could made my way over to the floor to ceiling windows. There was a sliding door that led to a balcony outside. So I pushed it open with a flick of my wrist. Don't leave a trace. I didn't want them to know I had gotten out this way.

I stepped out and closed it behind me not looking back. I stepped over towards the railing and climbed on top of it. Staring at the city below I breathed out and threw myself over. I felt the wind rush past me and flow through my hair before lifting myself up and shooting out over the tops of buildings. I glided along swerving through antennas and bushing past glass panels. Sometimes I almost believed I was actually flying and not concentrating with all my might to not fall down to the ground. I've always been afraid that it might just stop. My powers will just stop working and I'll fall to my death. Shivering I brushed the thought away and continued to my destination.