His Return

After another twenty minutes of running around trying to figure out where Astella had gone we had found nothing. Not a single trace of her. She wasn't even on any of the video cameras. None of the doors had even been forced open. No alarms pulled. We were on lock down she shouldn't have been able to get out but somehow she did. "Maybe she paused time and turned off all the electricity. That's possible right?" i mused as we checked the C Hall again.

"She's half mad right now. You think she would take the time to be that careful?" Tony questions.

"Yes." Clint and i answer at the same time. Natasha rolls her eyes.

"We have a bigger problem than finding Astella right now." a cool calm voice speaks over our com-links. I pause holding out my arm to stop the group even though they've all stopped as well and have two fingers pressed to their right ear like they heard wrong.

"What's more important that Astella?" i demand of Maria.

"Loki's back." We stiffen and our eyes flick back and forth between each other.

"You're positive?" Natasha questions her voice echoing in our ear.

"Positive. He's tearing apart L.A as we speak." My shoulders slumped. Now, not only couldn't we find Astella but Loki was back and asking for trouble if he was in L.A this time and not New York.

"What about Super Smash Hammer Bro?" Tony asks. I sigh in frustration. How can he joke around at a time like this.

"He just arrived on the scene." Coulson's voice spoke up.

"Alright! Big Man with an even Bigger Hammer. Suit up? Suit up." Tony said patting my shoulder and jogging off towards the lab.

"I think I'll sit this one out you guys." Banner spoke up softly sliding past Natasha and Clint to follow Tony.

"You won't exactly need me right? Thor's down there." he didn't wait for an answer just kept walking.

"It's okay Dr. Banner!" i called out as he disappeared down the hall.

"I'm driving." Natasha said taking Clint and heading for the docking bay. Damn it why did everything have to happen today.

"Hurry up old man!" Tony shouted at me as i fixed the gloves on my arm and pulled on my shield. I just glared at him and jogged up into the plane as Natasha closed the doors and opened the skylight above us.

"Ready for take off." she spoke into the microphone pressing an arrangement of buttons. "Sit down Tony." she said turning to glare at him. Ton'ys helmet come down on his face.

"I'll be fine." he replied. I rolled my eyes and strapped in. Clearly he's used to flying around on his own power and has never been aboard an aircraft with Natasha in the drivers seat. "Suit yourself." she muttered and punched it. We were tossed up and Tony fell down. I smirked trying my hardest not to laugh. I could see Clint was doing the same. We lifted up into the air and shot off towards L.A.

"We'll be there soon. Anytime you want to jump out Tony you can." Tony shakily stood up and mumbled something to himself before punching the button to drop the hanger door. He walks out as the wind rushes around us blowing my hair up. I squint at him and watch him flop out arms out stretched. He shoots up and the fly's around to the side. Natasha brings the door back up. Tony shoots out in front and waves at us before rocketing away.

"He'll make it before you." Clint said. That only edged her only. If we were going fast before we were sure as hell breaking the sound barrier now.

"You shouldn't have said anything!" i shouted at Clint who laughed.

"It'll get her there faster!" he shouted back. We beat Tony. Sure enough Loki and his brother Thor were trashing downtown L.A together. Loki was using sorcery to fight of Thor, who kept getting hit by what appeared to be green lightening.