The World Outside

"Sooo.." Astella said as she continued to toss the bouncy ball up in the air and catching it back down in her hand.

"So what?" i questioned.

"I'm bored." she replied bouncing up off the bench she had been laying on top off.

"Okay well what do you want to do?" I asked glancing up at her and closing the book in front of me. We were in the training room, not wanting to be in either of our rooms alone together we had decided on this room in case she wanted to get some training in while she was herself and because not a lot of people came in here anymore. We only have four agents here that aren't our friends and they were all preoccupied with other things right now. So Astella and I were alone in the training room. I had brought some books for us to read but she'd read them all before while I hadn't. She laughed and said that theses books were as old as me and it was ironic that I'd never read them. She proceeded to conjure up an imaginary ball that she would bounce off the ceiling, off the walls before laying down on the bench and just throwing it in the air in a bored fashion.

"Leave." She replies with a wide smile.

"We can't leave. They'll catch us." Astella makes a face at me.

"Don't rain on my parade. Come on." She holds out her hand for me. Sighing but returning her smile I stand slowly and place the book down on the floor by the others. I walk over and take her hand. She laughs and begins dragging me through the doors.

"Where are we going?" I question as she pulls me down the hallway.

"Just watch. You'll like this." She cries out happily. The hallways she's turning down and the doorways she passing are all familiar to me.

"You are taking me outside. Astella." I say lightly tightening my grip on her hand and digging in my heels before we hit the elevators.

"What? Come on Steve! I haven't been outside in a really long time! Well.." she paused probably thinking of how she single handedly destroyed downtown L.A.

"I've never been to L.A Steve and i know you haven't been here that long. Come on. Aren't you curious? Hollywood sign. The stars. Those hand print things." she says excitedly trying to get me into agreeing to go out with her.

"The second we hit the front doors they'll be on our asses trying to get us back inside. It's not worth it." i reply shaking my head. She pouts.

"Steve please!" she begs again trying to catch my eye. It's hard to say no to her. I don't want to say no to her. If we go out there though i risk loosing her if she goes haywire. People could get hurt, she could hurt herself. It wouldn't be worth it in the long run. Something inside me keeps screaming to just get inside the elevator with her and ride to the top though.

"Are you using your powers of persuasion against me?" i ask. Astella blushes bright red and looks at the ground shifting her feet.

"Sorry?" she says meeting my eye. I grin and i don't know if it's how beautiful she looks right now or her powers talking. Call me crazy but we're going outside.

"Let's just go." i tell her. She downs a wild grin and lets out a cry of joy.

"Great!" she hollers continuing to drag me down the hallway. 

The elevator ride is quiet. Astella taps her foot on the metal floor and glances around the small square box, bobbing her head to the little tune blasting through the speakers. She has her hands behind her holding onto the railing and her dark hair spills over her shoulders. I'm leaning against the wall diagonal from her one foot over the other my arms crossed as i stare at her. "What?" she asks finally when she realizes I'm staring.