Stolen

Astella, Tony, Clint and I had lunch. The conversation was, less than normal. We didn't say anything or talk about her past or why she was here. Tony and I tried to focus her on the future or on us. "So. If this is a hospital what are you guys? Or are you my friends because you aren't to dressed like hospital personal but I also don't think you're really my friends." Astella asks us as she shifts her food around on her plate. "I mean he's wearing some sort of.. Battle suit? And I have this vague recollection of him with a bow and arrow." She says pointing at Clint. I smirk and he shrugs.

"I think she meant that sexually." Tony comments and Astella turns bright red shaking her head back and forth.

"N-no. I- I didn't.." Tony starts laughing and Astella sighs in relief. "God Tony." She mutters under her breathe taking a dip of water and rolling her eyes. She looks confused as to why she said those words in that way. She purses her lisp and seems to shrug before eating the food in front of her. "Eat Steve." Talk about déjà vu." Astella seems to recall it as well.

"Very demanding for someone who doesn't know us." Tony jokes munching on chips. She shrugs.

"I feel like I know you guys and I do don't I?" She looks at me pointedly.

"Yes, you know us." She arches an eyebrow.

"Okay so what am I doing here? How did we meet and I'm still pretty positive that you're Tony Stark." She points at him again and he shrugs.

"I have one of those faces." He says making a circling gesture around his face. Astella laughs.

"I don't think so. You're definitely him." She bites into her sandwich before continuing. "My mom loves you. Has all the magazines with your face on it." She begins to laugh but gets confuse again. "Where is my family? Are they here?" I shake my head no.

"Vacation. Maui." Tony says dodging the actual answer. Astella crinkles her nose.

"They wouldn't go there, my dad's job is too important. Where are they really?" She asks again.

"What you should be more focused on is your food before I eat it all." Tony replies finishing his bag of chips before opening hers.

"Hey! Don't be a greedy asshole." She remarks. I snort.

"Too late." Clint laughs and Astella does too. Tony just mimics me silently. Astella smiles at me as she goes back to eating.

"How long have I been here?" I glance at Clint then at Tony unsure of what to say.

"Eight months." Astella looks taken back.

"E-eight mo-months!" She sputters out. I nod solemnly. Six she was missing. Two of them she was in our care.

"It'll be nine in a couple of days." I add as an afterthought. She turns to me still widened, jaw slack.

"I've... I've missed so much." She murmurs running her fingers through her hair.

"Not really. The world is still the same. Nothing's happened." Tony replies mildly. Astella furrows her eyebrows.

"Why do I find that hard to believe?" She asks out loud.

"Because he's a sociopath and pathological liar." Tony pretends to be offended.

"I take offense to that. I'm telling my lawyers." Astella laughs and Clint smirks at the exchange. That's when something goes wrong. She short-circuits, in a sense. Astella twitches once, twice then dose a nose dive for the table. Clint catches her head and slides the tray away before gently putting her head down on the steel table. I sigh. Everything was going so well. She shoots straight up suddenly her eyes still closed. Tony snaps his fingers in front of her and I hit his hands away.