Just Astella

After Tony and I had left Astella's room we went straight away to find the others and have a group meeting of the sorts. Clint was having his burned hand attended too so we all met in the medic bay. By all i mean Clint, Natasha, Tony, Coulson, Maria and I. "We think Astella is trying to tell us to evacuate." i said abruptly just as soon as everyone was accounted for. Coulson arched an eyebrow out this.

"What happened?" Clint looks confused as well. "What did she say after i left?" I sigh slowly.

"She said Leave. They're coming. The men in suits." Tony repeats. Maria and Coulson share a look but Natasha just looks confused.

"Men in suits?" she echoes.

"She's talked about Hydra as being men in suits. That's how she remembers them." Coulson clears up. Natasha looks a bit surprised and slightly pissed. It might be because Coulson didn't share this information with or because her worst fears migth have come true. Astella is really working for Hydra and doesn't know it.

"It was vague and random but she passed out, woke back up and seemed to be trying to warn us." I continue

"How do you know she wasn't talking about the Slyvarian? She could have been reliving some old memory." Maria replied lightly. I nodded.

"Clint asked her if that's what she meant. She said no." Everyone is silent and I don't know what else to say. We could be being paranoid right now but if Astella really did mean what she said about Hydra coming here then we have to leave.

"Do you really believe Astella could be warning us about an attack?" Coulson says slowly. "How would she know about it in the first place?" He continued. Natasha interrupted before I could answer him.

"It's like I said. Triple agent. She was with us then she was with them pretending to be with us." Clint shot her a look. "I'm just saying! Something happened to Astella maybe they have brainwashed her or hypnotized her to spy on us. Something buried in her subconscious." I sighed. I know Natasha meant well. She was just thinking about us and S.H.I.E.L.D. She didn't wants to become completely disbanded and frankly I didn't want that either. Most of our agents are dead, in hiding, or worked for Hydra. Everything happened so quickly we didn't know who worked for who before they all started dropping like flies.

"So what are we going to do?" This is the first time I've heard Tony ask something serious. He wasn't joking around this time. He even looked pretty grim.

"Well we can't just leave because if she can contact them or they contact her then they'll just follow us wherever we go but we're also not just leaving her her." Nobody tried to fight me on this not even Natasha.

"I just thought of something." Maria says suddenly.

"What if she's bugged all the rooms for Hydra and we don't know about it?" The thought sends chills up and down my spine.

"Well we can't think about that if she has. We need a plan." I said interrupting everyone's dark thoughts.

"Do you have something in mind Captain?" Coulson questions.

"Unfortunately, yes."

It took less than an hour for everything to get packed up and ready to ship out. We didn't have many people here in the first place or a lot of equipment. Just some cars, important documents, small machines. The biggest thing we had to move was Nick Fury. "Director Fury we have to move now. Is there any other place you know of that we could go?" Director Fury stared at us with his one eye coldly. I don't know what was going through his head after we told him our plan and what we thought might happen.

"I may have one or two." He says finally. Coulson stays to talk with him while the rest of us leave the room. We're staying behind voluntarily to look after Astella and also to see if Hydra really will storm this base. Coulson is leaving under Fury's orders. Apparently he's more vital than us and I would agree. He's already died and come back once. He's one of the best Agents we have. We can't loose him again. I didn't even have to talk Natasha into staying or Maria. They wanted to be here. They both joked that without women we would be dead but I knew Natasha was staying for Clint and Maria was staying because she felt obligated and because she also had a soft spot off Astella.