Spins On

"So everything is fine?" i asked again shifting the weight on my feet.

"The world spins on." Agent Coulson replied shrugging his shoulders.

"And nobody noticed?" i repeated.

"Time was paused Steve, for everyone everywhere." i grind my teeth and shake my head.

"Not for Astella." i reminded them once again. We had gone over this twice before. Nobody had noticed that time came to a complete halt for thirty days. There was nothing to show for it even. No rotting food, no aging, or turning of the sun. The only reason we knew was because of the watch on Astella's arm set thirty days ahead and the tally marks on her arms. That and the mess she made in the cafeteria. Natasha had argued that she did this all to freak us out but i knew Astella wouldn't do anything to upset us or trick us. She just wasn't like that. This was real. This had happened to her. Everything around her was frozen for thirty days and she had gone insane. "Astella isn't like that!" i repeat angrily.

"You keep saying that but you don't really know her!" Natasha shouts back.

"Why are you so against her? You've always been against her. She saved the world.." she cuts me off and steps forward.

"We've all saved the world. She's nothing special." i glare at her trying to keep my temper in check.

"She is to me." i mutter under my breathe walking through the doors and out into the hallway.

"Captain Sparkles!" Tony shouts after me trying to grab my attention. Grinding my teeth i continue stomping down the hall towards the medical bay where theyr'e monitoring Astella's brain waves.

"Go away Tony." i mutter shooting him a look.

"Oh come on don't get your tights in a twist on account of me. Direct your anger toward Natasha. She really deserves it you know." i stop walking abruptly and glare at him. He's trying to make me feel bad i know it. "Don't look at me like that." Tony says with a simple shrug. Turning around i keep going.

"Stop following me Tony." i grumble under my breathe.

"I'm not. We just happen to be going the same way." he says. I stop in front of the glasspained window of the room she's in and watch the nurse check her vitals. "She's sort of right you know." Tony says leaning against the window.

"About what?" i know I'm only feeding into him but if i don't ask it'll bug me.

"You don't really know her." Tony repeats. I stare at my reflection before focusing back in on Astella lying on the table.

"So what." i grumble. crossing my arms over my chest.

"Nothing. You just seem way to into this girl You don't know the first thing about her." i shoot him a look and he backs up slightly hands raised in defense. "It's true." i know it is but i don't want it to be.

"It doesn't matter. She loves me and i love her that's all i need." Tony leans back in.

"You know how long it took me to realize the perfect women was standing right in front of me?" i assume he's talking about Pepper.

"No." i say looking away.

"One look." i turn completely to stare at him.

"You and Pepper haven't been together for that long though. She's worked with you for years." Tony shrugs.

"I'm not one to believe in love at first sight." he shrugs.

"Wait a minute. You just said you took one look at her and you knew." i repeat. Tony rolls his eyes.