Epilogue: Widening Horizons

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" i cried out jumping up and down in Steve's room. He groaned and rolled over onto his stomach before pushing himself up off the bed. He shook his head out the blond strands falling in front of his face. Sleepily he looked over at me, squinting.

"What are you doing?" he groaned moving so that he was sitting down now his hands falling to his lap. i moved across the room and jumped up next to him on his bed.

"The Avengers Tower! We're making it official remember!" i cried out kissing his cheek. He groaned and flopped back down onto the bed.

"Let Tony reveal it then. He doesn't need us." he grumbled throwing his arm over his eyes to block out the light.

"Steve!" i whined pulling on his other arm. He smiled slowly before lifting his arm and revealing his blue eyes to me.

"Why does he need us?" he said sitting up again.

"Founding members!" i cried out. "Now come on you need to eat, suit up, and get downstairs." i ordered him. Steve laughed and shook his head.

"This is pointless." he told me throwing back the covers.

"You're pointless." i grumble crossing my arms over my chest and frowning at the sheets. He lifts my chin up with his hand before cupping my face and pulling me closer to him. I kiss him back happily and his hands tangle slightly in my hair. He's always been really warm and his face is as soft as it looks. Especially his lips. "This isn't getting you out of going downstairs." i tell him pulling back so i can see his eyes. Steve grins and sighs.

"I was hoping.." he murmured before getting up and sighing. "I'll get showered then change." he said moving towards the bathroom.

"Okay, make sure you wear the suit and bring the shield." i tell him flipping the switch by the bedroom door. He arches an eyebrow at me.

"Why not just the suit?" he asks.

"Because it's a complete package. You, the suit and your shield. Besides, kids will be there. You know how much they love you." i say as he peers at me through the open bathroom door.

"In other words you like seeing me in my suit with my shield." i blush.

"You look really good." i mumble. Steve laughs and closes the door. I exit his room and shut the door behind me.

"Hey no girls. You have your own floor.. Two floors for a reason!" Tony shouts at me as he steps out of his room in only a towel his hair sopping wet. I stick my tongue out at him.

"I was getting Steve up!" i called back at him. Tony scoffed.

"I could have done that." he replied. Smiling i entered the boys living space and spotted Bruce lounging on the couch reading a book and munching on some toast.

"Hey." i said with a cheery smile.

"Oh, hey." he said glancing up at me. I smile and turn back towards the kitchen and get out Steve's favorite cereal. Coco Puffs. For someone as old as he is he still acts like a five year old sometimes. I pour two bowls and grab the milk and some spoons. I pour milk into one bowl and eat slowly in the kitchen waiting for Steve to emerge. Wouldn't want his cereal to get soggy while i ate now would I? Steve emerged just as i was pouring myself a second bowl.

"Hey." i said brightly pouring milk into his bowl before handing it off to him.

"Thanks." he said with a smile. I looked him up and down. Yup, still as great as I remember. He's gotten a new suit and this one looks even better than the last.

It's been almost a month now. A full nine months since i blew up and nearly died on several occasions and tried to kill my friends and a whole bunch of other people actually. During that time. Everyone adjusted to me being thrust back into their lives like some unwanted guest. Only Tony, Clint, Pepper and Steve warmed up to me right away. Bruce wasn't too far behind he never really believed i was capable of doing anything bad in the first place. Maria followed after. I was too much like her sister. She couldn't not love me in a way. Natasha and i were still getting there but we were getting somewhere. I sat next to her during an entire dinner recently and she made no attempt to move away or get up and didn't look uncomfortable in the slightest. That was something i was proud of. I had also stopped blacking out and waking up as a completely different person. Well they hadn't stopped completely they just became less frequent like all the molecules that made up Astella were settling down and evening out.