◇3◇

You gasped and stood. "Who are you?!" You yelled.

"Now, now," Mark's look-alike said, "There's no need to freak out. Why don't you sit down, and I'll explain?"

You shook your head. "No. Not until you tell me who you are and where Mark is!"

"(Y/n)." He spoke with such fierceness that it scared you. He stood as well. "Sit. Down."

You were nervous now, so you obeyed. He walked over to you. Your heart beat quickly in your chest, and you actually wondered if he could hear it.

"Relax," he said. "You'll be staying for a while anyway." You shifted uncomfortably in you chair.

"Tell me, (y/n)," he strode behind you. You followed him by turning your head, as he continued, "What do you know about Darkiplier?"

You stared. "What--What are you talking about?" You asked. "Darkiplier is just a character. He's not real! If this is some type of sick joke--"

"No joke, Miss (L/n)," he cut you off. "This is me. Darkiplier is not a character. He's me. And if you think, I am anything like Mark--" He stops and cracks his neck, as if trying to hold back anger, "--you would be wrong."

You shifted in your seat. This isn't the Mark you know. It's not even him at all. But if this is Darkiplier...then who have you been dating? Suddenly finding your courage, you stood and crossed your arms. "What did you do to him?" You questioned. "If you're not messing around, then where is Mark?"

Darkiplier, or Dark, watched you for a minute. "Come with me," He said, curling his finger.

A nervous feeling appeared in the pit of your stomach. Reluctantly, you decided to follow Dark. He led you to the stairs which lead downstairs. You hesitate at the top of the stairs. If Dark noticed, he didn't let on. Afraid of what he might do if you disobeyed, you followed him to a door which was closed. He unlocked and opened it, the let you inside first.

You gasped at the sight. Mark was tied up to a tall pole in the middle of the room. His face was beaten and bruised badly. Blood trickled from a cut on his lower lip and purple bruises lined both arms. His eyes were closed and he looked exhausted. Obviously, he had been here for a while.

"Mark!" You cried and dashed over to him. You held his face in your hands and pushed his hair out of his face. Tears filled your eyes.

"(Y/n)," he breathed, struggling to open his eyes. "What are you doing here? You need to get out--" he stopped when he saw Dark slowly walking over.

"Too late, Mark," Dark said. He put his hand on your shoulder and pulled you up. "Alright, (y/n), here's the deal," he said, dark eyes piercing you.

"Let him go," you demand, with a sudden surge of confidence.

"Well, you've certainly got courage," he said.

"(Y/n), no." You heard Mark mutter weakly. You looked back to see him struggling to get up.

"Mark, stop. You'll hurt yourself," you said.

"And we wouldn't want that, would we?" Dark mocked. You turned back to him.

"What deal?" You asked, fully aware that you will regret it later. Mark mumbled something behind you, but for the first time, you ignored him.

"The deal is this," Dark said. "You stay here with me. You will live here and do as I say. In return, I will let you see Mark, and I won't hurt him. As long as you both behave."

Your breath hitched. "And i-if I say no?" You stuttered.

Dark stood to his full height. "You would never hear from me--or Mark--ever again."

You thought for a couple of minutes. If you stayed, you would be giving up your entire life. But Mark would be okay. On the other hand, you could leave Mark here, and things would go back to normal. But would things really be normal without your boyfriend? You turned around and knelt in front of Mark.

"I need you to trust me, okay?" You said, putting your hand on his wounded shoulder.

"(Y/n), please don't do this," Mark begged. "I can handle this; you shouldn't have to."

"Mark, this is something you can't do on your own," you told him. "You have to let me help you. You have to trust me. Please."

Mark tried to protest, but you stood anyway, and turned back to Dark.

"Okay," you said. "I'll stay."