•11•

You woke up on the cold tiles in the kitchen. Looking up, you saw the chair you had been sitting in when Dark had interrogated you. But he was gone. The lights in the kitchen were out, yet something caused a glow in the room. The next thing you noticed was how badly your head was throbbing.

You grabbed the chair and pulled yourself upright, causing your head to ache more. Within a minute, you could tell where the glow was coming from. The sun was just beginning to rise.

"How long was I out?" You muttered to yourself.

"All night."

You whirled around to see Dark, already in his suit. Why he felt the need to sneak around, you had no idea.

"Why--" you began.

He seemed to know what you were going to ask and he tapped his forehead.

You put your hand up to your head--and pulled it away quickly. It stung when you touched it. A tiny cut with a large bruise around it.

"How did--?"

"I had to," Dark said, with a smirk. "I told you I wasn't finished."

"Was that all you did?" You asked carefully.

"I forgot how weak people like you tend to be," Dark smirked.

"People like me?" You whispered.

"Basically, I only smacked you once, but you fell and hit your head on the corner of the table on your way down," Dark shrugged. "I meant to do more, but I didn't have to."

You shuddered at the thought.

"Now--"

You turned back to see him walking toward you. He seemed to grow taller and you felt like you were shrinking before him. You didn't like the way he glowered at you. He stopped a few inches away from you.

"Have you learned your lesson?"

You took a breath. "What exactly was I being punished for?"

Dark made a face, which told you to act fast. You raise your hands in defense.

"I know you're mad about what happened with Sean, but I promise nothing was going to happen," you said. "I wasn't going say anything!"

"That's what you keep saying."

"Because it's true!" You protested, immediately regretting the fact that you had raised your voice at him.

Dark stared at you for a long time, and you had to look away. But you could tell he was drilling his eyes into you even as you looked down.

"Alright," he said finally. "Mainly because I have no proof otherwise. Of course, I could always ask Anti what happened."

Panic surged through your chest. Anti more than likely didn't know any more than Dark did, but you knew it wouldn't be beneath him to lie. Or he would beat the stuffing out of Sean in an attempt to get him to talk.

"Nothing happened," you said again. "Anti can't tell you any differently."

Dark studied you, then finally said, "Fine. Since you're so insistent. I guess I have no choice."

You breathed a quick sigh of relief, until he added, "At least, now I have a reason to trust you."

Unsure of what he meant, you looked up at him. "What?"

"I have some work to do over the next few days," Dark explained. "That's why Anti was here. I wasn't sure if I could trust you enough to leave you alone."

You weren't sure how to respond, so you turned away and crossed your arms. You flinched when Dark wrapped his arms around you, resting his head on your shoulder.

"At least now I've proved myself wrong," he says. "I'm glad you know your place."

With that, he pulled away, but not before planting a kiss on the side of your head. You gasped, then just stood there as Dark went about his business. You didn't like it.

As the day went on, you were more nervous than usual. Dark was always right next to you, which made you almost too nervous to think, let alone say anything.

Eventually, in the late afternoon, you managed to work up the courage.

"What happened to my parents?"

Dark stopped what he was doing and slowly turned to look at you. "What makes you think I would know?" He asked.

You took a big breath and explained, "It's not like them to randomly decide to take more vacation time. I thought maybe you had something to do with it."

"They'll be fine. For now." Dark stood up straight. "Listen, (y/n). All this could go away. Mark could be free, your parents could come home. All you have to do is let me in."

You hadn't even realized that he was walking toward you. But unlike every other time he had tried to intimidate you, he walked away before you could answer. You stared at him as he disappeared upstairs.

The next day, you met him at the bottom of the stairs, as he prepared to leave for his work. You felt loneliness poking inside. As if you couldn't bear being on your own.

What's wrong with me? You think as he comes over to say goodbye.

"I'll be back by 5 o'clock tonight," Dark said. "You know the rules. Stay here, and do not go downstairs."

You nodded

"I mean it," Dark warned. "If I find out that you disobeyed me, I am not going to be happy. Understand?"

"Yes." You timidly nodded again.

"Good." Dark's face softened again. "I'll see you at 5, my darling."

You forced yourself not to pull away as he pressed another kiss on your forehead. Tears rolled down your cheeks as he pulled the door closed behind him and locked it.