•16•

Dark entered the basement once again. He pointed at Mark. "What did you do?"

Mark glanced up at him, puzzled. "What do you mean?"

Dark glowered at him, and started wandering around, even as he continued to speak, "(Y/n) told me. She told me everything."

"What are you talking about?" Mark asked again. 

"She came down here."

Mark flinched, ever so slightly. It wasn't missed by Dark. But Mark was confused. Why would she have told him? Was she okay? What did he do once he found out?

"What did she say to you?" Mark questioned, hoping that he sounded confused. "And where is she now?"

"She's fine, Mark. Relax," Dark laughed. "It's all fine. She wanted to visit you, and I never gave her the chance. It only makes sense, doesn't it?"

Mark stared at Dark. "What's with the change of heart? Or are you playing me?"

"Look, if I wasn't worried that you'd try to get rid of me, maybe I'd let you go," Dark admitted. "But I think (y/n)'s starting to grow on me. Maybe she's helping me change the way I do things."

"I don't believe that," Mark scoffed and turned away.

Dark took that as an opportunity to kick him in the ribs. "She might be changing me, but that doesn't give you the right to disrespect me."

"How did she tell you?" Mark asked after a minute. 

"Does it matter?" It was Dark's turn to ask. "She came down here to visit you, right? After I said no."

Mark looked down. "She obviously felt safe enough," he muttered.

"What?" 

"I said, she obviously felt safe enough to tell you," Mark said, looking up at Dark again. "And she felt like she could come down here behind your back. You're making her feel comfortable."

Dark slowly smiled. "That's exactly what I wanted to hear."

With that, Dark briskly crossed the room with out another word, and opened the door.

"Dark," Mark called after him. Dark paused as he continued, "She actually told you?"

Dark's smile slowly spread across his face. It wasn't pretty, and Mark actually leaned back a little.

"No, Mark," Dark said, smugly. "You did."

You stood upstairs in Dark's room, folding laundry. You definitely got sick of this, but you do some crazy things when you're bored, so you just did it anyway. Plus, it made Dark happy, and you would do anything to keep him off of your back.

Shockingly enough, he hadn't done anything to you while you were sedated. At least, you were pretty sure he hadn't. You had no idea how long you had been out, but he had left for 'work' by the time you had woken up. You didn't visit Mark because it was already late afternoon. Also, you had to catch up on chores, so that he didn't get mad.

As you folded a pair of pants and dropped them in the drawer, you heard the front door open. A pain entered your stomach as you heard it shut, and Dark entered the house. You tried to ignore it, but your hands started to shake as you heard him coming up the stairs.

Dark stopped when he got to the doorway, and just stared. You didn't dare turn around, but instead tried to focus on calming down your breathing. 

"You're ignoring me," he finally stated.

No freaking kidding.

"I'm not ignoring you," you said, quickly. "I'm just trying to get this laundry done. Now, if you'll excuse me--" 

You tried to go around Dark, but he held out his arm and pushed you back. He glowered at you, making you stop completely. He grabbed the laundry basket.

"All I'm asking, is for you to talk to me for a few minutes. Is that so hard?" Dark asked.

You shook your head, scared to take your eyes off of him.

"Actually, what I want to ask you is fairly simple," Dark said. Now you were scared. "You went downstairs, didn't you?"

It was your turn to stare. How did he know?

"N--no," You forced out.

"Oh, really?" Dark continued. He crossed his arms. "Then why did your boyfriend down there, just tell me that you did?"

You froze. Mark told him? Why?

"Why would he do that?" you asked quietly.

"So it's true."

You looked up at him, almost in surprise. "But you just said--"

"I never know when he's lying to me," Dark explained. "But you, my dear, have a lot of explaining to do."

You took a step back, but it didn't matter, as Dark was taking a step forward even as you moved.

"And I think you should answer my questions, along with little old, Markie-moo, down there."

Before you could protest, Dark suddenly lunged forward and grabbed you. Even as you cried out, he flipped you over his shoulder and starting carrying you down the stairs.

"No, Dark! Put me down!" You yelled as you pounded on his back with a surge of force. "I'm sorry!"

"It's too late." Dark's voice seemed to have gotten deeper. "You both have already pressed my buttons for far too long. It's time that I'm back in control."

You fought and pushed against him, knowing that if you got away, you could finally take Mark's advice and get help. But like Dark said--it was too late. He had an iron grip on your legs.

"Maybe now you two will learn who's in control," Dark stated as he dropped you in front of Mark.