◇4◇

You had no idea what you had just gotten yourself into. Clearly, Mark did. As you got up, he yelled out, "(y/n), please! You can't do this to yourself!"

You shook your head, not even bothering to look back at him. Dark followed you out of the room, his hand on the small of your back. You began to walk up the stairs. Dark stayed back and locked the door. Once you got to the top of the stairs, you collapsed against the railing.

You had been strong downstairs, but then everything sunk in. You had just given up you entire life. Your friends, your family, just for Mark?

What am I thinking? You asked yourself. You loved Mark, but was he worth it? Of course he is! You're being stupid! You yelled at yourself.

You heard footsteps ascending the stairs. You ran your hand through your hair and try to compose yourself. Nausea formed in the pit of your stomach and cold sweat appeared on your upper lip. Tears stung your eyes, even if you hated to admit it. You put your hand over your mouth as the footsteps stopped.

"You should have run while you had the chance," a cold voice said into your ear. In spite of yourself, you turned around to face the one and only Darkiplier.

He took your hands. "But now you're here--and I'll make you feel quite at home."

You take in a big, shakey breath. "That's from--Mark's Raspy Hill video." You stammer. You hated that your heart was ready to beat out from your chest.

Dark chuckled and shook his head. "That was never Mark. It was always me."

He led you over to the couch and sat down. You didn't really have much choice; he appeared to be gently pulling you, but he actually had a death grip on your hands.

"How long have you been around?" You asked, not sure you wanted to know.

Dark made a low sound in his throat that sounded like a growl. "Too long," he said after a minute.

You shifted, becoming more uncomfortable by the second. Dark seemed to sense this and looked up at you. He straightened his back, and smiled. That sent chills down your back.

"Why don't I show you to your room?" Dark asked.

You hesitated, then give the tiniest of nods as he pulled you up. He led you through the house and into the guest room you had been waiting in before.

"You'll stay here, unless I tell you otherwise," Dark commands. "Of course, you can come out when you want, but for now, this is where you sleep."

He was going to say more, but was cut off by Chica jumping onto the bed. She laid down without any hesitation. Dark looked at you again, a warning on his face. You watched him, pleading with your eyes to let her stay. You were already upset about Mark; you weren't sure if you could handle it if Dark hurt Chica. You winced as he cracked his neck again.

"The dog stays with you," Dark says.

You close your eyes as you let out a sigh of relief. Dark said goodnight and shut the door. As he did this, Chica lifted her head. You moved closer to her and sat down on the bed. Tears threatened to spill as you patted her head.

"I know," you said, as the dog leaned on your lap, "I miss him too."