•17•

Dark turns his back for a second, and you look at Mark.

"How could you tell him?" You ask weakly.

"I'm sorry, (y/n)," Mark burst. "He tricked me! I thought you had told him!"

"A very unfortunate case of miscommunication," Dark grins, smugly.

You hang your head, both in anger and fear. You want to stand up to Dark, but now you're both at his mercy.

"Now, we both know that I can't kill Mark. Otherwise, I'll be gone too," Dark states. He points his cane in your direction. "You, on the other hand..."

Panic shoots through your chest. You hadn't realized that he couldn't kill Mark, but the way he is looking at you makes you nauseous. His cold eyes still hold anger, and it is beginning to mix with glee. He's enjoying the way he scaring you. You glance at the ground, not wanting to give him that satisfaction.

Unfortunately, by looking down, you didn't see Dark reaching for you. His cold hand grabbed you by the back of your neck and pulled you to your feet. With one hand on the back of your neck and the other suddenly on your throat, you realize now that you're entirely at his mercy. 

You reach your hands up quickly, and try to claw at Dark's hands, but he's got you in a death grip. It only gets tighter as you fight him.

"You just don't get it do you?" Dark gives you a sadistic smile. "There's nothing you can do to get away from me. You can't win."

He thrusts you into a chair directly across from Mark. You hadn't even realized it was there. Before you could even try to get away, Dark had already secured one wrist to the arm of the chair. You give up as he binds your other arm.

"Good choice," Dark smiles. "Unfortunately for you, it won't help your case."

You are more confused than anything now. You stare blankly at Mark, almost unaware that he is even there.

"Dark, stop it. Please!" Mark calls to Dark. "I've always been your target. She's done nothing to you!"

"Ah, but that's where you're wrong, my friend," Dark says wandering behind you. His hands on your shoulders are enough to jolt you back to reality. "She had you. Taking her away from you was probably the biggest blow I could ever give you." His hands tighten around your shoulders. "Unfortunately, she woldn't stay away."

You suddenly feel your head being jerked back. Dark has you by the hair. Looking up into his eyes is enough to send shivers down your spine and make you lose any appetite you might have had.

"However, she caught my eye as well," Dark continues. "Even if she had left you, which I knew she wouldn't, I'm not positive I could have kept myself away."

Your breath catches in your chest. Dark would have been after you, even if you left Mark entirely? That was a horrible thing to think about.

"Stay away from her," Mark spits.

Dark laughs. "You know, you've been getting on my last nerve for quite a while now. I think you get to go first." 

"Go first for what?" You ask, admittedly, a bit meekly.

Dark smiles down at you, but doesn't answer. Instead, he walks over to Mark and unties everything except the ropes binding his wrists together. Mark looks up at him with determination, but you can see the fear shooting through his eyes. Dark grabs him by the arm and drags him down the hall.

"Let him go! Dark please!" You call to him desperately. You're not sure what he's doing, but you don't want to find out. 

"Don't worry, my dear." Dark effortlessly tosses Mark into the room. "You'll be next."

He slams the door behind him, and the basement goes completely silent. The only thing you can hear, is your own heart beating. You notice that Dark left his cane behind. Sweat drips down your face as you wait to see if you can hear anything from the other room. After a minute, you do hear something, but it's not what you expect.

It sounds like scratching. As if something is scratching at wood. Then it hits you. Chica is still upstairs! She's scratching at the door to the basement, trying to get down.

"Chica!" You call. Maybe she can help somehow. "Chica! Good girl! Come here!"

You hear her bark, then continue to scratch. You take a breath to call to her again, but you're cut off when you hear someone screaming. Mark. You can't hear what Dark is doing, but it doesn't sound good. Tears begin to slip down your face as you think of the horrors he must be putting Mark through.

This goes on for a few minutes. After a bit of silence, Dark opens the door and reappears, once again, dragging Mark down the hall. Mark looks a lot worse for wear this time. He's bruised and there are more cuts along his face than you had ever seen him with. His face is wet--you're pretty sure it's a combination of sweat and tears.

Dark drops him into a chair and makes sure he's stuck there for a while. You can feel your chin tremble at Mark's agonized facial expressions as Dark positions him.

"I'm sorry," you sob. "I shouldn't have come down here."

"No, you really shouldn't have," Dark agreed with you. "But I'm very glad you did, because now I have a chance to show you my true skills."

You don't like the sound of that, but you don't have much of a choice, nor a chance to even consider it. Dark quickly unties you, giving you the chance to run. You know it would be dumb, but you have to take the chance to get away. Or at least get to Chica.

Dark laughs as he grips your arms, sending you to the floor. Obviously, you have more fight in you than Mark does, but it's not worth it. Dark is just too much of an opponent to you.

"I like a girl with spirit," Dark said. "However, I'm getting a little tired of you fighting against me."

He flips you over, pins you down, and starts by tying your arms together, then your ankles. "You just don't get it, do you? You belong to me now."