◆10◆

You sat in the living room, staring at the floor. Dark sat next to you, with his arm stretched across the couch behind you. He and Anti were having a conversation that you barely heard. Every time you thought about Dark threatening Sean and Mark, which was often, your eyes blurred with tears. The pressure was starting to get to you.

Excusing yourself from the room, you ran upstairs. You barricaded yourself in your room, and sobbed your heart out. You cried silently until you were having trouble breathing. Eventually, you felt so sick that you were sure you were going to throw up. You hurried into the bathroom and locked yourself in.

After a couple of minutes, you heard a knock at the door. "(Y/n)?" It was Sean. Or Anti. You couldn't tell.

"Leave me alone!" You called weakly

"I could really use your help out here. Whenever you're ready, you're welcome to come back."

"Did Dark tell you to say that?" You ask.

He hesitated. "Open the door (y/n). Please?"

You sighed. You really just wanted to curl up in a ball. Whatever was out there, you just wanted to get away from it. But if Sean could help...you sighed again and crawled over to the door. It opened, and, to your relief, there stood Sean. He took one look at you and sat down on the floor.

He scooted over until he was beside you. He enveloped you in a hug. You let the tears fall and let out a big breath--a content one this time. When you opened your eyes, you thought you saw a shadow disappear from the wall near the staircase.

Once you were calmed down, Sean pulled away and looked you in the the eye. "I know it's hard without Mark here. But you are going to get through this." He wiped a tear off your face. "We're going to find him."

You looked down at your hands. Sean moved his hand from your face.

"You know something, don't you?" He said. The hurt look on his face was enough to send you into a fresh set of tears.

"I might know...something," you answered.

"(Y/n), if you know where he is, you have to tell me," Sean said. "This could be our way out! If we find Mark, we can--"

Someone cleared his throat from the hallway. You looked up and saw Dark standing there. Uh oh. He wasn't happy. You remembered your promise to him earlier. If he wasn't there, you would have told Sean everything.

"Are you two coming back downstairs?" He asked.

Sean didn't answer, but he got up. As he did, he whispered, "I'll get it out of you."

You didn't move. As Sean went downstairs, Dark gave you an angry look, but said nothing. He followed Sean downstairs. You weren't sure what Dark would do to him if you told, but you didn't want to find out. After a minute, you stood and joined the rest of them.

Anti and Sean stayed for the rest of the afternoon and well into the evening. Sean found every moment that you weren't with Dark and tried to get you to talk. But you wouldn't. You couldn't. Every time he convinced you, you always saw something that reminded you of your promise. At one point, Dark even appeared behind Sean with a knife, ready to attack if you made one false move.

By the end of it you were exhausted. Halfway through dinner, Anti put his hand on your thigh, which took away your appetite completely. That only added to your ever increasing list of stressors. Having one of them like you was bad enough; you couldn't handle two.

Finally, the time came for you to say goodbye to Sean. You leaned in for a hug as he wrapped his arms around you.

"Hang in there, okay?" Sean whispered. "We'll figure this out."

You nodded and saw the two of them out. You felt bad sending Sean with Anti, but he assured you that he would be fine. After you closed the door, you held back tears and braced yourself for Dark. You were surprised when he didn't say anything.

You turned around and saw that Dark was actually nowhere in sight. Confused, you wandered through the house in search of him.

"Dark?" You called.

It would not bother you at all if he decided not to come out. You entered the kitchen and let Chica outside. It was now dark outside, which meant it was getting a bit late. Of course, it was late October, so the days were getting shorter.

You were surprised to not see Dark. Maybe he went downstairs or something. You entered the kitchen even further and peered into the dining room. He wasn't there either. Suddenly, you felt something whack your butt. Hard.

"Ow!" You whirled around. Found him.

Dark stood there, eyes angry, cane in hand. Your rear end stung, but judging by the look on his face, that was nothing compared to what was to come.

"You know, I have to say, I was disappointed in your behaviour this evening," Dark said.

"Oh, come on Dark. I don't need this right now." You pushed past him.

"Excuse me?"

"I didn't say anything to Sean, okay?" You turn back toward him, surprised that you were even talking back.

"Oh, but you wanted to," he answered. "If I wasn't there, how much would you have told him?"

You didn't answer. Instead, you crossed your arms over your chest.

"That's what I thought." Dark stepped toward you. "Sit down, (y/n)."

Once again, you remained silent. And you didn't move. Dark took another few steps over to you, until his nose was almost touching yours. You could feel his breath on your face.

"Sit. Down."

You swallowed hard and reluctantly sat down on the edge of a kitchen chair. Dark moves his cane beneath your chin and tilts it upward. He stares into your eyes, as if he's studying them. You have no choice but to look into his as well. Where you expect to see Mark's warm brown eyes, you see Dark's cold deadly ones.

After what felt like an eternity, he moved the cane from under your chin, allowing you to relax a bit. Dark motioned for you to turn and face the table. Unsure of what he would do, you obeyed.

"I don't like how comfy you were getting with Sean," Dark said after a minute. You tensed when you feel him playing with your hair.

"He's a friend of mine," you said. "He cares about me and Mark."

"Which is why he flew all the way over here from Europe?" Dark yanked on your hair, pulling your head backward so that he could look at your face. "Admit it. You told him."

"I did not!"

"Then why would he come?!"

"I don't know!" He had to believe you, because you were telling the truth.

"Did you contact him when I took over?" Dark asked, coming closer to my ear.

"No! Maybe he figured that, since Anti was here, you would make an attempt at Mark!" You said. Panic was starting to rise in your chest.

Dark pushed your head upright and let go of your hair. "Fine. You're off the hook for that one. But I'm not finished with you yet."