◇8◇

You sat on the couch, trying to let your bruises heal. You hadn't moved in about an hour or so. Chica laid protectively across your lap. Dark sat on the other couch across the room, reading. Every now and then, you saw him look up at you. You didn't like the look in his eyes.

Eventually, you got up to use the bathroom. While you were washing your hands, you looked at yourself in the mirror. The sight was enough to make you burst into tears. Your eye was swollen, and your lip was cut and bruised. You had small cuts and purple marks scattered across your face. What was he doing to you?

You washed your face and tried to clean it up. It looked a little bit better, but still not great. Wiping your tears off of your face, you left the bathroom. Because you used the upstairs bathroom, you took a breather and leaned on the railing before going back down. Suddenly, you saw arms appear on the railing on either side of you. A body pressed against your back.

"Why did you come up here?" Dark whispered into your ear. His breath was hot against your neck. "There's a bathroom downstairs."

You hesitated, because you were worried about how to answer. "I-I don't know."

"Hmm." You felt him move away from you as he continued. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to get away from me. But you know better than to do that."

You nodded and hurried to your room. You barricaded yourself beneath the covers of your bed, just in case Dark decided to follow you. But he didn't. At least, not for an hour or so. At about one in the afternoon, there was a knock on your door.

"I'd like you to come downstairs," Dark said. "Now."

The tone in his voice told you that arguing was not an option. Dark let you go ahead of him as you made your way to the stairs. You stopped and your eyes widened when you saw who was in the family room. You felt Dark behind you, not allowing you to go back.

A man sat on the couch. He was dressed in a black t-shirt and black jeans. He had what looked like a slit across his throat, and dark green hair on top of his head. He smiled and stood when he saw you. Antisepticeye.

"Well, Dark wasn't kidding when he said he got a pretty one," he said as Dark guided you into the room. "Not that I didn't believe him. He usually 'does away with' the other ones."

You froze. Dark gave him a glare as he gently pushed you to sit down on the couch. He put one arm across the back of the couch, but held onto your arm with the other. It was like he was making sure you didn't get away.

"So--you're real too?" You asked.

"I'm as real as Dark," Antisepticeye said. That didn't help. "Please, call me Anti."

"Contrary to the video on the subject, Anti's a very good friend of mine," Dark explained.

"Yeah, the video was just us trying to prove who was on top," Anti sat back. "It really didn't explain everything. But then, I guess the internet never does."

A crash sounded from the basement. Without a word, Dark got up and went to investigate. After he was gone, you stood and turned to leave, with the excuse that you had to do something in your room. But before you could go, Anti caught you by the arm.

"You don't have to leave, ya know," he said, with a small grin. "I'd like to get to know you a little better."

"I-I don't think that's a good idea," you said as you pulled your arm away. "Dark might not--"

"Who cares what Dark wants?"

You paused, then decided to change the subject. "Does Sean know you're here?"

Anti sighed, getting impatient. "You do realize that I care less about what Sean thinks than I do about what Dark thinks?"

You weren't sure how to answer, so you let him continue, "The Irish guy might be the reason I'm here, but I don't owe him anything."

There was suddenly a loud banging at the door. You glanced at it, then back to Anti.

"Well," Anti said. "There he is now."