◇5◇

You woke up the next morning to thunder and rain pounding on your window. Chica was laying beside you, her head resting on your chest. You smiled when you realized that she been there all night. Your smile faded when you remembered why.

"Hey, Chica," you said groggily as you stroked her fur. "I guess we'd better get up."

She nuzzled your arm as if she didn't want you to, but you got up anyway. Suddenly, you realized you didn't have any clothes here. Then, something struck you. When you had been looking for pajamas last night, you had found one of Mark's big shirts. Maybe there were more.

You looked into the wardrobe again, and froze. There were a few of your own clothes hanging in there. The question was...how? Had Dark gone to get them last night? Or had he been in your house before that? You shuddered at both thoughts and decided to just try to forget about it and get dressed.

After getting changed, you open the door and peer into the hallway. It seemed to be clear. You slowly wander out and make your way to the kitchen. Chica followed you, but she went to the living room and jumped up on the couch.

You finally get the to kitchen and looked in the cabinets for something to eat. You finally decided on Pop-Tarts. It wasn't the best idea, but you didn't feel like cooking. You dropped the pastries in the toaster and waited for them to cook. A noise in the doorway of the kitchen caught your attention, so you turned.

That may have been a mistake. Dark was standing there. You tried not to look as nervous as you felt. It surprised you that he was still wearing the suit from the night before.

"What time did you get up?" Dark asked, wandering into the kitchen.

"Just a couple of minutes ago," you answered. You avoided eye contact and inched toward the toaster.

"Where's the mutt?" He inquired. He opened up the fridge, obscuring your ability to see him. You weren't sure if that was okay with you yet.

"She's probably in the living room. Why?" It was your turn to ask.

The toaster popped and Dark closed the fridge. You walked over to the cabinets and pulled out a plate. You turned to walk back to where the toaster was and saw Dark staring at you. Trying not to shudder, you put the Pop-Tarts on your plate.

"Just curious." It took you a minute to realize that Dark was answering your question. "What are your plans for today?" He asked.

Was he actually asking you that? You both knew he wasn't letting you leave. As you chewed on your breakfast, you hesitated, but then decided to ask anyway.

"Would you let me see Mark?"

Before you could even react, Dark grabbed your wrist and pinned you against the counter. He took the plate out of your hand and placed it on the counter behind you.

"You do not ask me about him," Dark growled. He touched your chin. "I wouldn't want to have to ruin that pretty face of yours."

You tried your best not to freak out. As much as you wanted to lash out at him, you knew it was probably best to not anger him. For your sake, and Mark's.

Dark slowly backed away from you, letting you breathe again. As he searched for something to eat, you abandoned your breakfast and escaped from the kitchen into the living room. You flopped on the couch and considered turning on the tv, but you didn't want to make Dark mad.

You tucked your legs up beneath you. You had just gotten out of bed, but you already wished you could go back to bed. You couldn't see Mark, you weren't allowed to leave, and now you were worried about what Dark would do to you.

Before now, you hadn't even considered that Dark might hurt you. You weren't even sure what his rules were. And there was a good chance that he wouldn't even explain. At least, not until it was too late.