8 - Gotten a tattoo

PARKER's POV

I woke beside her, this morning.

Why did it jolt my heart in a good way to see her there beside me?

I slowly get out and smile at the sleeping duck in his crib. Like a little family.

I smile to myself and walk out. On the couch is Kehlani passed out, Ryder slowly putting a blanket over her while setting a bucket next to the couch. He grabs the damp cloth off of his lap and lightly washes over her face.

"You really love her, don't you?" I ask quietly, not to scare him. He looks over with a smile.

"First time I laid eyes on her. My baby's been put through a lot, been broken, but I make sure she knows I'll always be there to pick up the broken pieces." He says and looks back down at her. He takes her hand in his and runs his hand over the ring on her ring finger - on an engagement ring. I smile.

"How'd you guys meet?" I ask, taking a seat on the chair.

"Seventh grade, I walked into the cafeteria with her twin brother - my best friend - and he pointed at her and told me who she was. I remember her look... I instantly just.. Knew. My heart just.. Stopped... When she caught our looks directed at her, she raised a perfect eyebrow, looked me up and down with a very calculating gaze, as if trying to figure out the type of person I was just by appearance, and then she smiled. I was gone just like that." He says, laughing once at the end quietly, holding her hand up and kissing it. He looks at me, and I see Kehlani smile before she masks it.

Ahh, she wanted to hear that.

Why does he remind me of myself?

Well, then again, Ally brings out a side of me I'd buried when I was twelve..

"You like Ally, right?" Ryder asks. My eyes widen.

"N-no!" I sputter out instantly. I just met her a few weeks ago! You can't just catch feelings for someone that quickly!

Can you?

He smiles.

"Deniaaaaal," Kehlani says from her sleeping spot in a sing-song voice. "Trust me, been there, done that, now I plan on marrying and creating a life with that." She says in a chirpy tone.

"I-uh-"

"Give it a rest, Kehls," Sam says from the side.

"I didn't tell you to listen about my love life with my fiancé." She says with a cocky smirk. She's a girl with a bad look, you can tell in her eyes she's seen some shit, been through stuff, and dealt with it the hard way.

Sam shakes his head.

"I hate this. I really do. Its... it's so wrong. Bro-codes broken... Sibling-code broken... I. I just.." Sam trails off, and Laney comes up behind him, wrapping her arms around his torso and putting her chin on his shoulder.

"Need I remind you that you're doing the same thing, Sam?" Kehlani asks.

Ooooh. Sibling drama. These is straight goals. Best-friend-sibling-relationship things. Cute, cute.

"Uuuuum. Excuse me. She was my crush before she was your best friend thank you very much." Sam states, then his eyes flash and he blushes. Blushes. I start laughing at his expression, and others join. Laney leans up and kisses his cheek.

"Aww, baby, I'll be sure to buy you the pretty flowers that you want later." She says in a mocking tone, pinching his cheeks. He swats her hands away, and she takes it upon herself to spank him as she passes by. He yelps.