13 - Never Have I Ever Drove a Car Just Because

"Raise a cup up for all my day ones, two middle fingers for the haters, lifes' only gettin' greater. Straight up from nothin' we go, higher than the highest skyscraper. No little league, we major, the proof is in the paper, we put the good in the good life."

-Good Life, G-Eazy and Kehlani.

.

.

.

It was a few weeks later, and now we are off on winter break.

Luckily, where we live does not have snow 99.9% of the time. I hate snow.

But, today was going to be one of the greatest of my life. That is all because of none other than Hendrik Welsh.

Oh, you were expecting Parker West? Yeah, he just enhanced it.

-

"Here's your latte!" The nice barista says, and I thank her before going over to my typical corner seat. Parker was on his way with Jordan.

"OH. EM. GEE. Ally?!" A familiar voice calls out. I look up from my laptop to see a man in a fluorescent pink tank top, blue leggings, and Converse sneakers. I raise an eyebrow. He squeals. "Girl, it's been forever!" He says, grabbing my arm, and pulling me up from the chair, and into his arms.

"Gee, Ally, the way you're always around Parker, you'd think you're a one-woman type of girl!" Someone calls out. I roll my eyes. The strange, exotic yet intriguing man pulls away and faces the jock.

"Uhm, I'm gay, if you couldn't tell. Ew." The man says, shutting his eyes for a second before opening them wide, raising his eyebrows the same way Shane Dawson does in his videos sometimes. "Also, shut up you low-life, sexy, greek god-like worthless hottie. No one messes with my Mint."

Mint.

The name brings up childhood memories, and I finally piece it together.

"Hendrik?!"

"Took you long enough bitch! Oh my god, we have to catch up. Ooh! Ooh! Manni Peddie's like the ones your brother used to pay for us when he started modeling! By the way, your brother now, DAYUM."

"I'm highly uncomfortable," I say, laughing, but pulling him in for another hug. "My god. It's great to see you again! And yes, definitely. This time on me."

"You work? Where, when, how, why?"

This dude knows me.

"Really?" I give him a dumbfounded look. "Look at my brother. A wicked huge model. And you think I wouldn't now and then pick up an odd job with these connections...?"

"Oh my fucking god you've MODELED?!"

"Of course, queen."

"YES, my main ho! Yes! I've always dreamed of this!" He exclaims, jumping once and clapping. I sit him down. "Where and when have you modeled?!" He asks.

"Only a couple of times. Once in Paris. One time in Turkey. One time in Switzerland. Uh... Dubai.. and London. Makes good pay and I don't try too hard. I don't even understand. I was ugly throughout high school and middle, and elementary, and birth.." I trail off, self-loathing.

"Bitch, it's called a glow-up. Puberty's final step hit you like a top of bricks sweetheart... Wait... You don't do that thing where you wear sweaters and boyfriend jeans all the time, right? Wait. That's what you're wearing right now, oh god, Ally!" He exclaims.

"Wait... Why are you here?" I ask curiously.

"I just transferred schools to Wilston." He says, smiling.