Getting to Know

^^^Pilla

I see them; they see me. Yet they don't really see me. Never once, and never will.

Yeah, I know that sounded really depressing, didn't it? Well, it's the honest to goodness truth. Yeah I guess let's whirl this off; am I supposed to say let the games begin? No. Well then... Just sit and listen to my story; no matter how unbelievable it gets... Deal? Ok, I don't really care your answer.

Oh I forgot the whole intro thingy. Hi! My names Pilla Gordan! I know it's kinda a unique name; let's just say my parent were unique. They died in a house fire ten years ago... I was only eight. I lost everything I ever knew and loved. Gone. Gone with the ash. Now I'm stuck in this.. this... Soul sucking pit!

"Make my god damn breakfast! Don't make me get you myself." My Aunt Paulina screeched. I scrambled out of my bed (I mean sleeping bag), Well screw the sleep in idea. I thought bitterly. Throwing on some of my ripped jeans and a plain black tee shirt; I rushed downstairs.

"Stupid cow! You should've had our breakfast ready by now!" My uncle Rod shouts, and it comes. The slap. It rang out the small, rundown kitchen like a bomb in a peace time. I stumble back, right directly into the other devil.

My cousin, Serin. "Ugh! The filth touched me! Dad." Serin whined dramatically like I was a disease. "Can I?" I knew those two words meant one of three things.

One: Can I have more food?
Two: Can I have this expensive thing?
Three: Can I beat Pilla?

I knew it was three when a punch was delivered to my stomach; leaving me gasping for air. Serin smirked, picked me up by the hair, and threw me out the front door. Like literally threw me out! Rocks scrapped against my knees, and I felt the warm blood flow out of my cut knee.

Well, whatever. I still have to get to school, and who really notices me. I started my limping journey from one soul sucking pit to another soul sucking pit.

15 minutes later

I finally reached the school, and was shrouded with a tight hug. "Poppy... Can't... Breathe." I strangled out. Poppy let go instantly, like I was a beetle. "Omg! Are you ok?! I didn't squeeze the life right out of you did I?" She sounded actually worried.

You see, Poppy has been my friend for ages. Like second grade ages. She popular, just to be outright. Blond with the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen, which sends the boys crawling to her.

"No, you're fine." I smiled. She is just always full of contagious energy. When I'm with her; I want to run around in countless circles until I collapse.

"Anyway, did you hear?!" I open my mouth to answer. "I'm not even going to let you answer. There's a new kid in town! And I hear he's a hottie." She suggested wiggling her eyebrows at me. "Whatever, you know how guys like me. They like me for answers on a test or homework." I sighed.

Poppy bowed her head, "What happened to your knee?! We gotta get you to the nurse!" Poppy said rushing me along to the nurse. After the whole ordeal of cleaning and smacking a bandaid on it, we went to class.

I was a relieved I didn't run into Serin and his cronies. They were not just mean to me, no that's for little first graders... They were brutal. Any type of pain, they did it. Any type of abusive word, they said it. But suck it up and get on with your life, I guess.

I sat in class not really listening. What? Why should I? I already have all my homework for the next month done. What? I get bored ok! No judging allowed in this book ok?! Yeah, I don't really care what your answer is.

The bell rang, and dismissed us to our free period. I met up with Poppy in the middle of the hallway, "Heyo, girl!" I said with a weird accent. I don't even know what that was to be honest.

"Hey! I gotta go to the lockers, wanna come? Wait, you don't have a choice, cause I don't want to go alone." I shrugged and followed her to her locker. Mines conveniently located right beside hers, with an empty locker right beside it.

She started to ramble on and on about the latest 'must haves' in fashion. I started to pace, don't ask why. I just get really antsy when I stand still too long, its a curse really. Like my legs move on their accord, totally disconnected from my brain.

I didn't even glance where I was going... Problem. Always look where you're going. Always. Always. Get it? Always.

Me being me, tripped over my own feet and landed into a wall. I squeezed my eyes shut, oh so embarrassing. I heard a few gasps around the hallway and everyone just stopped. I peeked my eye open, and the handsomest guy ever stood wide eyed looking at me.

He had almost black hair with little streaks of blond. His leather jacket rippled across his chest and dark jeans. Hot darn baby.

Then, I realized that my hand, was kinda... on his chest. Ok, its not what you think! I thought he was a wall, and I was bracing myself so I didn't fall over more. You know? Oh never mind!  You just don't know.

Oh my god! This was the new bad boy Poppy was talking about! I'm soooo screwed.

"Oh m-my god! I'm so so sorry!"  I looked at his eyes, and oh my god! They were the darkest color with little specks of green. I felt a spark spass through my hand, causing me to jump back surprised. His eyes flashed something that seriously I couldn't tell.

"Uh, its fine. I'm Dakota by the way." he held out his hand, and I did something out of habit. Flinched. He looked at me funny before retracting his hand. "I'm Pilla. I got to go to class b-bye!" I raced into my classroom.

I sat there thinking about Dakota. That's  what I did for the whole class.

Then the bell rang for lunch, dismissing all the little devils in training to the torture center.
The lunchroom.
Guess where I have to go?
The lunchroom.

~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading this far! I hope you really really really really EXTREMELY love this book. Buhbye!