Disappearing Act

Dakota and I sat in the living room thinking in silence. You know, thinking about the whole 'if you don't master your new powers, your heart will be cut out'. Nothing too important. It's just my life! Just my funny luck.

I felt myself slump on Dakota laying my head on his shoulder. I was so sleepy, I could've died of tiredness.  "Go to sleep Droplet. It's been a long day. Don't worry I'll make sure nobody gets to you." Dakota sighed and looked down at me.

His whole, entire, stupidly handsome face look tired like he ran 4,738 miles. Too add on he still looked like a hurricane swept through him and the stink seemed to grow. It stank so much I think the skunks turned tail and ran.

I felt my eyelids slip, and I was almost asleep when (there is always a 'when') I heard an ear splitting screech. What is that?!

"I don't know, but it hurts my sensitive ears." Lune yipped. I flung my eyes open, and take a guess on who was standing right in front of us?  I'll give you a hint: evil witch. If you guessed Holly you are absolutely correct! Thanks for playing!

"Dakota, baby! Why are you with this human?! I assume Dakota told you we're werewolves." Holly frowned, and I think if her eyes went any lower they would collapse. I sat up quickly. Ugh!

I narrowed my eyes, I've got a surprise for her as well. "Yep." I shortly answered.

I. Don't. Like. People!

"Holly, do a magic trick and disappear." Dakota mutters with his eyes closed and his arm still around my shoulders. Darn. That was a good comeback, wish I came up with that one.

Holly's frown got deeper then she smirked, "But baby, I can do so many magic tricks on you. You want to see? Why waste time on this slut when you have me?"

Oh. God. No!

No little troll gets to call me a slut! I'm very sensitive when I get called a slut; it has roots. Roots that are so deep in my memory, they'll die with me.

"Don't. Call. Me. A. Slut." I growled through clenched teeth. "Or what human? You can't lay a finger on me. I'm a werewolf with strength and speed. When I look at you all I see is an ugly body and bad fashion sense." 

"So I'm a mirror." I smirked knowing it would take her awhile to understand. Her eyebrows furrowed, and then she got it. She made that horrid screech again, "Fight me bitch! I'll kick your ugly ass!"

I growled. I might just take her up on that offer.

"Let's do it then." I seethed out.

Dakota sat up now, "Droplet, don't fight her. It's not worth it." He tried to reason with me, but I was too far gone. I was mad beyond repair.

"I'll call the pack so they can see me bring down a bitch like you." Her eyes fogged over, and soon people were swarming the room.

I'm going to kill her.

Dakota was, I think, trying to pull me away gently, "Dakota, let go." I said deathly calm, my eyes trained on her. He lowered his head and sauntered over to the edge of the circle of people that formed.

Jokes on her. I took self defense class since the incident.

We started to circle each other until she lunged at me. She was slow and sluggish, I easily side stepped her. I side kicked her stomach and threw her down.

Point one!

She got up coughing and spluttering and punched me in the jaw. I saw stars. Curse her werewolf strength. Wait, I have werewolf strength too... Oops.

Point one for troll.

I shook my head and watch for her next move. She tried to kick me but I grabbed her leg and pulled, causing her to fall on her pampered butt. Ooh, that must be embarrassing.

Point two!

The crowd erupted with laughter, and she turned as red as a sunburn. Sunburns hurt! Like how mean is the sun. Brutal. Anyway, we can go back to how mean the sun is later.

She shot up and was breathing deeply. I wonder wh-, then it hit me. Literally. She shifted into a brown wolf and lunged at me!

Point two for troll.

Someone shouted from the crowd that that wasn't fair. Oh, I can make it fair. Lune, you want a turn? I asked my wolf while dodging Holly's attacks. "Let me at her."  I saw my wolf smirking.

I stopped and closed my eyes, everybody stopped talking and a whisper broke out. I peaked and saw Holly's wolf stop and growl at me. Oh, she thinks I give up. Funny.

I growled and felt the painful prick of my bones cracking into wolf form. When I was done, I easily towered over her wolf and I heard several gasps around the room. I think a few fainted. Not sure though.

Lune growled loudly, shaking the room. Holly's wolf whimpered and scampered away from the fight. Coward! Can we shift back? I asked Lune. "Do you want to be naked?" She said rolling her eyes.

Well, no.

Lune trotted through the path the people cleared for us to Dakota's room and shifted back, and I just threw on one of Dakota's shirt and sweats. I curled up on his bed and was at last warm and comfortable when I felt Dakota slip into bed with me.

"Goodnight, Droplet." He kissed my forehead and we both passed out.