Cursing

When I got to the house I got beaten senseless. My body felt numb, and I could hardly breathe from so many kicks and hits.  When they finally finished, I carried my bloody body to my 'room' and thought.

They kept saying 'you deserve it'...do I? Do I really deserve it? I mean, I did say no to him; am I horrible person? Ugh! Their words are getting to me, and I can't seem to fight them away anymore! The true question is...how much longer can I last?

I woke with a start breathing deeply. Just another dream...or nightmare. I can't really tell the difference anymore; they all tend to blur together as one big nightmare. I looked at my clock: 4:32 a.m.

Well, I can't fall back to sleep, and I don't want to stay here in case one of them wake up. So I got the idea to go outside and talk to the moon. I know, talking to the moon? Yes, I talk to the moon, but only when I want to talk to my parents. I feel like the moon is a bridge to our lost ones, and it's just something beautiful.

I walked into the edge of the woods, out of earshot of the house and sat in the soft grass. "Hey mom, hey dad. Things escalated, you know what I mean. I know it would break your guys heart to see me like this, but I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like the only people who care is Poppy and Dakota." I paused realizing that I haven't told them about him yet.

"Dakota is a boy in my grade, and let me tell you this he's hot, but I like him more than his good looks. He seems to genuinely care about me and protects me. It's something I'm not used to, you know getting protected instead hurt. I just hope he never leaves." I sighed before getting up. "Bye mom, bye dad." I finished sadly and walked back into the house.

Dakota's POV

I stared at Pilla (not in a stalker way) while she talked to the moon. The moonlight hit her face just right making it light up, and the wind tossed her hair slightly. She was absolutely gorgeous. More than I could ever deserve.

I listened to her talk to her parents and I got angry. Things escalated? My droplet feels like she can't handle it anymore? Whoever is hurting her and making her feel like this, I will end them! I will rip out their throats myself!

Then I heard my name roll out of her beautiful mouth. She explained to her parents that I was hot, but she didn't care about that. She cared about me. Not my looks. "I just hope he never leaves."

Don't worry droplet, I won't ever leave you. I thought with determination.

Back to Pilla's POV

I did the usual morning routine wishing that my good luck stays. Lately I haven't been beaten in the mornings, which I can only be grateful for. I hate morning beatings. Hate them.

I'm just going to skip the whole walk to school, because nothing exciting happened. Although, there was a little raccoon, but that was it.

I entered the school in a rather cheery mood when my cheeriness just had to be ruined. What I saw destroyed my eyes. Serin was with Poppy. No, not the relationship thing like they kissing. Serin was holding Poppy by her hair screaming at her. My best friend was crying and begging him to let her go.

AH! FUCK! NO!

Nobody touches my friend! I swear to everything good; I'll...I'll... I'll just tell you what I did.

I threw my bag on the tiles of this hell, and sprinted through the crowd until I was beside Serin. "Serin, you basturd! Let her go right now, or I swear!" I screamed raging fire through my blood stream. I felt like I would lose it at any given moment, and you know what?

I wouldn't hold back.

The devil whirled around surprise at my cursing, but soon recovered from the shock. He smirked at me, "Pilla, how nice of you to join us. I was just teaching your friend here a lesson about becoming friends with a cow. Watch." He looked back at Poppy, smirked, and slapped her hard across the face.

Lost it.

I look at him and glared before feeling the fire in my blood stream explode. Shaking with anger, I punched him hard in the jaw, then in the stomach until he crumpled. I grabbed his face with my nails forcing him to look at my eyes.

"YOU'RE A FUCKING BASTURD! I SWEAR-" he cut me off with his eyes going wide. "W-What's with y-y-your eyes?! You f-freak!" He stuttered trying to get up.

Oh, he ain't going anywhere!

I laid punch after punch on his devil face, until someone pulled me off. "Pilla! Stop! Droplet, you need to stop before you kill him." Dakota and Poppy held me back as I turned back to get another round in. I looked at Dakota angrily, and he stepped back surprised.

"I thought you were human." He whispered so quietly I almost didn't hear it. Realizing what I had done to Serin; I looked at him on the ground.

"Wait until I tell my dad!"

I'm going to be killed today.