Handsome

I got deeper and deeper, and with that I much more lost. None of the trees had the helpful glow; they had a dark menacing shadow that seemed to eat the remaining light. Before long, I was lost and confused. Lost in a dark woods with wild animals, and blood flowing out of my arm. Great!

I heard twigs snap behind me, and let's just say I didn't wait to be eaten. I ran into a clearing, realizing that I'd been wandering for hours and that it was night. I started to walk out of the clearing when, me being me; tripped over a root, and fire seared up my leg causing me to collapse on the grassy ground.

I just twisted my ankle.

I heard more twigs break; what if it's a mountain lion? I don't want to be clawed to death! I like my body being whole and not in shreds! I don't care if it's to help nature, I'll do my part and help the environment by recycling; not feeding a mountain lion.

Determined: I'm not going out without a fight. I scrambled against a tree and armed myself with a large branch. Bring it on, mountain lion. The twigs breaking got closer and closer until it was in front of me. Then the creature that came out wasn't a mountain lion, but it was equally scary.

A dirty, red eyed, wolf came out snarling at me. It circled my tree growling and snapping, and I did two things I shouldn't have done.

One: Look at it's huge, bone-crushing teeth that could snap my arm in half at any given moment.
Two: Look at it's blood red eyes. It's eyes showed no mercy, just cold, hard red.

The wolf stopped moving, and I swear I saw a glint of pleasure in its eyes before leaping for my throat. I think I can say this; Ah. Fudge!

I closed my eyes and swung with all my might for the monster's head; only opening my eyes when I heard a whimper. I stared in shock at the monster laying on the ground with its leg bleeding.

Point one!

My win was short lived (I wanted to celebrate with confetti but I didn't have any) when the wolf shot up and growled fiercely at me. It crept closer and closer until it was within swinging range, so I took my chances and swung.

Fail.

It grabbed my weapon in its teeth and ripped it out of my hands. Ah! Shitzle! Now I'm weak and without a weapon. Why god?! Looking around my base; I tried to find another stick, but was in no luck.

I might as well order that pair of wings from heaven now.

I closed my eyes as the monster leapt and my lips parted for a scream to escape. I never scream; well, hardly never. Only when I want to live during a beating, other wise I never scream.

But now; I did. I screamed for my life. I screamed for the life I had. I screamed for the life I wanted. I screamed for the life I never had. Maybe, just maybe, I screamed because I wasn't entirely scared of death. I've faced death a great many of times.

Another growl ripped out right beside me causing me to shoot my eyes open. The monster was a little busy (besides eating me) with fighting another wolf.

This wolf was a midnight black with a white muzzle and paws. He towered over the other wolf, and was at least five foot tall. It's the most beautiful animal I've ever seen. I think that wolf is going to be the beautiful animal I'll ever see.

I watched in amazement as they fought; the monster took a few snaps at Handsome (the black wolf) before they started circling each other. The monster lunged with its teeth bared, but Handsome easily stepped back and bit the other wolfs leg.
.
The shock wore off and I whimpered. They both turned their heads at me, and in that moment the monster tackled Handsome to the ground biting for his throat. I couldn't let something that beautiful die! Looking...looking...looking... Got it!

I picked up a rock and chucked it at the monster, hoping to hit anywhere or at least get it off Handsome. I never expected to hit it clean between the eyes. Unknown Bullseye!

Monster stumbled back, and gave Handsome a clean shot for the throat. He wasted no time killing monster. I watched as the monsters red eyes closed for the last time. The midnight wolf looked over at me. Ah shitzle. I'm next.

The midnight wolf started walking towards me with blood dripping off its muzzle. Ah screw this! I leaned against the tree and attempted to run. Keyword: attempted. I tried to escape the same fate as monster, but I gasped in pain and collapsed back to the ground.

Cradling my bloody arm close to my chest; I looked at Handsome getting closer. "S-stay away!" I shouted hoping to scare it away. I failed epically. Handsome just whimpered  and laid down with his head in his paws as if he wanted to get close to me.

I looked at the sky and realized at how late it was and how cold it was. It's fudgin cold! I shivered and my teeth chattered. I closed my eyes for a second and suddenly something very soft and warm was against my side. Oh so warm. I felt my teeth stop chattering like I was a beaver, and my shiver stop as if there was a imaginary shiver stop sign.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the warmth, and the warmth wasn't exactly what I was expecting. Handsome was snuggled into my side, panting and looking at me as if he just accomplish a quest.

He licked my face happily like he was happy that I didn't push him away; I was just so warm and he was so soft.

"You're not as scary now are you? Thank you for saving me; though, I'm not entirely sure you won't eat me still, but hey, you did save my life." He started to wag his tail, "I wouldn't have gotten far, since I'm kinda clumsy and twisted my ankle." I laughed nervously and continued, "To be honest, I thought I was going die of blood loss," he let out a growl as though he didn't like what I said.

I'm going to tell this wolfs things that I couldn't tell anyone else. "Ok, now I'm going to tell you about my day and how I got here. It might get boring so feel free to walk away whenever." He layer his head down on my signaling that he want going anywhere. "Well it started off normal. Then I went to school, or as I call it soul-sucking pit, Holly slapped me, nothing new, but there's this guy, Dakota.

" He's handsome and kind. He's seems to care, but I don't know. I have such horrible trust issues, and I'm just so broken I don't know if he would be able to handle my issues. Then I went 'home', but I got left almost right after and got lost. Figures."

Sighing, I finished. I didn't mention that my uncle stabbed me, and left me on the side of the road to die, but some secrets you carry to the grave. My abuse is one of them. I'll die with it, or it will kill me.

I heard twigs break and Devil Rod came into the clearing, "Pilla! Get your ass-" he was cut off by Handsome's growl. "Pilla, step away from that thing, now! We can't afford you dying! Now!" Devil screamed, his face going red. "Bye." I whispers to Handsome before painfully limping over to my uncle and back to the house.

I wonder if I'll ever see Handsome again.