Story Time

Dakota and I leaned forward and we're ready to listen. He sighed again.

"Once, there was a girl, Quina. She was born human, but had a horrible life. People were constantly beating on her. Whether it was physical or verbal they would knock her down with hatred, but she came back stronger. The only one who cared for her was her father, but he didn't know." Dakota and I shared a look.

"Anyway, she was mated to a werewolf, an alpha to be exact. Alpha Maco. Their love grew even though she was a human born to werewolf parents." He paused his face showing stress.

"But at the same time there was a rising danger. They were called The Silver Arrows. They knew about us werewolves, and wanted nothing more than destroy us."

"They knew that if they killed the alphas the other wolves would crumble. So, they started to kill off alphas and their young, then they would move on to everybody else in the pack. Mass slaughter. The moon goddess heard off this, and sent her own wolf down to protect us. She sent it to Quina. Her wolf's name was Lune. She became a werewolf, even though it is nearly impossible to become a werewolf." Dakota and I shared another look.

We knew.

"Quina was powerful, and The Silvers Arrows leant of this. Soon, they had captured Quina, and were going to use her power to bring down us entirely. She wouldn't do it willingly though, so they had to take drastic measures." Artos's face flashed pain.

"They cut out her heart in front of her mate. The moon goddess was outraged, and sent power down to Maco in the form of a wolf. The wolf's name was Rono. His wolf became almost as powerful, and was able to destroy them before they could us the heart. But  Maco took his own life, and now forever Rono and Lune wander the skies together. They were always the stars to the left, but nineteen years ago the star Rono...disappeared. Just recently, Lune disappeared as well."

Artos leaned forward to a nervous Dakota. "Alpha, you must tell me what's your wolf's name is."

"Rono." Dakota whispered.

Oh noddles.

"Luna, you must tell me your wolf's name, though I think I already know." Artos gave me a kind, encouraging smile. "Say my name with pride. Cause, I'm amazing." I saw Lune doing a wolfish pose.

"Lune. Her name is Lune." I said strongly.

Elder Artos face became grave and serious. "Children there is no time to chatter. We must train you." Train? I don't like the sound of that at all. Training involves running. I don't like running. I don't even like to here the word 'run'!

Artos got up, "Has there been any unusual incidents?" Dakota and I shared a look yet again. We both knew it. The hovering arrow thing.

I spoke up, "Well, yeah. There was a silver arrow flying towards me, and Lune told me to imagine it hovering. I concentrated on it hovering and it did." Artos sucked in a breath like he was a vacuum cleaner.

"I've been a lot stronger lately. I slammed a door, and it went straight through the door frame, but I have a question. Why are our powers just kicking in?" Dakota said thinking things over.

Artos sighed...again. "Rono needs to be mated to Lune, it's the mate bond that makes them strong. For example, if Pilla were to die, Dakota wouldn't be able to live through it. You know how some wolves can survive a lost of a mate? Dakota wouldn't be able too, and his heart would literally shatter."

Dakota growled, "Nobody is going to touch a hair on Pilla's head. Over my dead, rotting body."

Aw. He is so sweet! I need a man like Dakota. Wait... Dakota is my man. Sorry, still getting used to this relationship thing. I've only ever been in one other relationship, and well, that ended...badly.

Artos looked at Dakota sternly, "Alpha, Luna, you must train so you can use your powers in battle. You mustn't tell anyone of your powers. Now go, let me think things over." Artos walked over to the window and ran his fingers over the window seat.

Dakota walked out the door, staring into space. I just hope he doesn't run into anything. We don't need a bruised Dakota.

I was thinking things over and was walking out the door, when Artos interrupted my thoughts. "Luna, you are welcome to get a book anytime here." He said staring at the window. "Thank you, Elder." I replied before making my way out, but I turned around.

Stupid curiosity.

"Elder, how do you know about Quina and nobody else does?" I wondered out loud. He sighed. "I was her father. I never knew about the pain until it was too late. They cut her heart out not just in front of Maco, but me as well. You remind me of her. She loved these books; I just don't want what happened to her to happen to you." I nodded and silently walked out the door, deciding to give him space

We're in deep do-do.