Mrs. Crazy Ideas

My haven from the SSP, them, and myself was in two words. Art room. Yes, art. I love it so so much I could cry! (I'm not really going to cry.) I love the pencil. I love the paint. I love the clay. I love it all to death (not really to death).

Our art room is bright, and it's ornate with past students works. The ones who made it in the art world. My goal, my determination, is to get up on the wall. It's one of my few dreams I allow myself to have.

I get there a bit early, and sit in my secluded chair in the back corner next to the window. Ok, take a guess on what I draw. Faces? Nope. Landscape? Couldn't do it to save my life. Realistic? Ew.

No, I draw my own style. The only one in my whole school to be exact. You see, my art has shape, but not definite shape; has color, but not enough; has life, but not close enough. Kinda like me. I have a shape, but it's distorted enough it's not me. I have color, but not enough to get noticed. I have life, but it's a not close enough to live.

I realize I stared out the window the whole time I was early. The class filed in like troops in war, and making absolutely sure they got the front. I always have a seat beside me. It's not like I stink, or I'm annoying. I'm just the loner. Guess what? I'm proud of it too.

I was doodling in the meantime, when the door slammed open. Mrs. Crazy Ideas (Her real name is Mrs. Crazide) glared up at the intruder. She stood up, "Class this is Dakota. Dakota tell them about yourself." He glared at her like why-are-you-here. "Don't mess with me, and we should be fine."she glared at him again. Then she smiled evilly.

Uh oh. I knew before she even spoke, like I read her mind (I really didn't but whatever). "You can sit by Pilla." She smiled, like 'hey I got two birds with one stone, be proud'. She doesn't like me, but I could careless to be honest. I think it's because my art is 'unidentifiable', she doesn't know how to take it.

He looked back at me, and smiled slightly. Almost like he was happy I was in this class. He gracefully made his way over to the back and sat down right next to me. "Hey, we meet again." I gave him a friendly smile," Yeah, I guess so."

I worked on my drawing not wanting to look at him, "Students, we'll have a new partner project." You could see the other students look at their friends, waiting for the qui to leap with their buddies. "But! I will be assigning your partners, so Blah with Blah...." And so it went. "Pilla with Dakota, Blah with Blah. This project is about your partner's fears. What they fake fear compared to their real fear, now get going. Now you understand why she's called Mrs. Crazy Ideas?

"So let's get to work?" Dakota asked enthusiastically.

Oh boy this is going to be a long day.