Ya know when you turn on the bathtub and you forget to plug the drain and you wonder 'why is the water draining?' Then you realize 'oh crap. I didn't plug the drain.' It's kinda the same as when you really start paying attention to how you feel, mentally and emotionally, and you keep thinking and realize you forgot to plug the drain. You forgot to lock yourself up and your happiness disappeared because you let the water, in this case the words and remarks of others, get into you. Then you think 'yeah. I'm not ever opening the drain again. I'll just forget to close it again after.' So you leave your heart closed. But you still have to bathe and so the water keeps piling up. And piling up. Taking the shape of it's container. Then splish. Overflowed. What a mess. To make matters worse you don't go into the bathroom for a while. Doesn't cross your mind. Once you do, you notice it, accept now, it's a flood. You lock your heart up for so long but life still continues and shit happens. If I went to look into my mind instead of locking myself away from it, sorry I mean if I went to take a pee, then I would prevent the flooding.

That's of course not my problem. I lock love up. Not myself. Because it's only one emotion. I'm fine. I won't overflow. If I were to, then it would have happened already. I've been doing this for years. My point was just that there's pros and cons to everything.

-

"There are pros and cons to everything, Mike." I said as we were walking out of the boys locker room from P.E.

"What is the pros of dating Amber Rose?"

"Um. Look at her."

"Oh, shallow Mr. Hemmings. I'm rubbing off on you." He pats my back.

"Nah. It's just. A bonus." I say a cheeky smirk playing on my lips.

"Ok. I'm sure there is more cons."

"Nope. Watch. I mean, she is gonna have issues opening up and maybe even temper issues that I'll have to deal will along the line, but hey. She's a badass and it's fucking hot." I say bluntly. I love her for so much more than that but it's hard to talk to boys about that stuff when they haven't felt that way before. But she is hot as hell.

"Little Lukey is in over his head again guys." Michael exclaims as he see's Ashton and Calum walking our way.

"Give that Amber chick a break Luke." Ashton said, clearly annoyed that I'm interested in such an.....intimidating being.

"Oh, and Luke. You forgot a con." Michael said bringing up the previous conversation.

"What?"

"She doesn't know you anymore, mate."

"Oh. Shit." Ok minor issue.

"Yeah, I mean, at least make yourself a little less invisible to her first, Luke." Calum said. He has a point.

"What if I do, and I'm even more-" I paused to be interrupted by Calum.

"Interested." He says while we sit at a cafeteria table.

"In love with her." I say to earn laughs from all 3 of them.

"You're not in love. You're horny." Michael states.

"And you guys are jackasses." I say getting up from the Caf bench I just took a seat on to come into contact with a short figure.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry."

"Watch the fuck out!" She exclaimed in a voice that I'd recognize with my eyes closed. Obviously Luke, you hear voices not see them. Get your senses straight. Good thing though, because I think I just got vertigo.

"Oh, no. It's ok." She said a bit of a stutter. As if she was nervous. But Amber? Why would she be nervous?

"Thanks by the way." Her expression softens.

I look at her very confused and still in shock.

-

I said thank you, even though he doesn't understand. He doesn't have to understand, he just has to know that I'm grateful for the whole feeling less lonely thing. He doesn't have to know I was eavesdropping though. I like to show people my appreciation, that's all. I turn my head to break the eye contact that has already lasted too long. Someone then caught my attention.

"DYLAN! Wait up!"