I had a spare period for the last 2 periods of the day. I didn't want to go back home because sitting on a bunk bed and talking to others isn't my favourite thing about breathing in this oxygen. So I decided I'd just sit on the benches in the seating area in the front of our school.

"Chicketa." I hear a voice say, enfsizeing it to much. I realize it's just Dylan's friend and teammate, Ethan.

"Hey there, Lovey." I say applying force to my back for me to rest it on the back of the chair, throwing one leg over the other.

-

Did I just hear her correctly? I told her I liked her and I told her the truth and she just continues pretending. Being popular and hitting it off with the jocks. She knows I see through her as if she was a sheet of glass and yet she doesn't care because she knows I'm one person. One person who doesn't associate with her crowd. But Ethan? I thought she liked Dylan. Like a lot. But his best friend? That's pretty harsh. Lovey?! Why? Why lovey? What about it's time to lovey Lukey?

-

"Colly."

"Hey hey hey, let's not play that card."

He just chuckles.

"Why aren't you in class?" I ask already knowing the answer. Why does he need class when he has a athletes scholarship already offered to him. He has coaches and scouts lining up at his door begging and pleading for him. He is incredible. Better than Dylan for sure. Why is Dylan captain then? Answer is as simple as life itself. It's unfair. Why have Ethan Loveheart as your captain when you could have Dylan Kost? Better face, better body, better record. According to some people at least. The teams old captain switched with Dylan anyways, so Ethan never even had the opportunity.

-

I was going to approach them but Amelia would probably yell in my face and act as if I am not worthy of her presence. Which is utter bullshit because I'm the only one who she doesn't have work to be around. Swallowing down the sobs, the lies and the truth. That's  exhausting. It's hard work. I know because I do that everyday. Everyday since freshman year. I do feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders though, since I told Amelia, or Amber for that matter, But that was just one secret. One out of a million.
-
He looks at me with a glare. The 'are you kidding me' kind of glare. "You know better than that Amber." He chuckled. I flinch and clench my jaw. You know better than that Amber.