I was staring at the varsity jackets, wondering why something as stupid as a jacket can determine not only your popularity, but attractiveness. Stupid right? I know. It's not a law or anything where it states- everyone wearing a varsity jacket is hot. However it should be. Not one person on the team is even unattractive at it's slightest. That makes me start to wonder, why do I think Luke is hot? Well I mean. Uh. Kinda hot. Sorta. Like not 100 percent ugly. Ok yeah, he's pretty hot. Regardless of the point, he doesn't wear a varsity jacket. I, for as long as I can remember, only like guys with the varsity jackets. He only wears vans or converse, black skinny jeans, a tee shirt and his heart out on his sleeve. This isn't like me. This isn't who I am, I don't find people who aren't jocks attractive, and I certainly don't think wearing your heart out for someone to take it, something to adore. I see a hand in front of my face starting to snap their fingers to get my attention. I shake my head out of the daze.

"What's wrong, Colly?"

"Stop fucking calling me that, holy shit." I snap, grabbing my backpack from the chair I was seated on and walked out of the crowded lounging space.

"Hey, Amber I'm sorry!" I hear Dylan call after me. Clearly confused considered I was just fine and dandy with him.

-

"You keep plucking the wrong strings, Luke. Luke? Hello?" Michael said to me as I snap out of the daze.

"Yeah, sorry mate."

"Sorry? Luke what the fuck? Get over this girl who doesn't give a shit about you. Please." Ashton said coldly.

"She does care! And she seems to be caring more and more so don't even say shit!" I snap back at all 3 of them. I see them staring in shock, which doesn't surprise me. It's not often I snap at them, or raise my voice in general. I soon realize that they are shocked not by me, but what's happening behind me.

"Babe! C'mon it's a nickname, chill." Dylan says towards Amber. Fuck.

"Babe? Ha go fuck yourself." She chuckles in his face. My jaw flung open. Did she just yell at Dylan? Did she just reject Dylan? The one she has been waiting for, for years.

"Uhm, pardon me? I broke up with my girlfriend for you, meaning you are my girlfriend!"

"Really? Cause I don't recall a question, or an acceptation from myself. It's not my fault you broke up with her, you should have kept her because I never said I wanted you!"

"Please you were practically begging for me! You wanted me so bad half an hour ago and now you don't want me at all? What is this bullshit?" Dylan spits.

"Stop talking to her like that!" I fire back from almost half way across the room. "She doesn't deserve you talking to her like that."

"And people like you don't deserve to be breathing Hemmings but look at what God fucked up!"

He didn't just say that to me. I wasn't gonna let him say that to me, say anything like that to her and I swear to god I would break his neck if he touched her the way he looked like he wanted to. I lost it. I couldn't take the blood boiling in my veins anymore. Before I could think I already approached them, chest puffing, my arm swung back, my hand curling into a fist.
-
My jaw dropped as low to the ground and my heart stopped pumping when I saw Luke's fist come into contact with Dylan's perfectly lined up jaw. Dylan fell to the floor after Luke's knuckle even grazed upon his cheek. As Dylan was about to get up and get the last laugh, Luke grabs both of his wrists, not squeezing, not digging his nails into Dylan's skin, not twisting or doing anything else to hurt him. He just gets really close to his face, which is hard due to the height difference, and says "Everything. All of this, was mine before it was ever yours, remember that. She will be just another thing, I have instead of you. Only difference is, I won't give her up for you. I'm done getting my ass kicked saving yours." And with that he let go of his wrists and Dylan walked away, not even saying boo.

Luke turns his head, I could tell he was about to say something because his lips were beginning to part. I decided I could put his lips to better use.