The Best/Worst Valentine's Day

Chapter 4: The Best/Worst Valentine's Day

For the next 5 months Subaru and Rem continued their lives of solitude filled with love and affection. These past months were the final touches they needed to be an official couple, one that didn't just shoot the occasional flirt. While they never showed too much kissy face out in public Subaru and Rem kissed each other any moment they had in the house. When they first started kissing they did start in public. However, they quickly realized that such a thing should only be reserved for home.

Their first clue of this was when Subaru couldn't stop kissing the blue haired ex-maid while at his favorite restaurant.

"Out with you! Shoo! Your love is infecting my cooking and making my customers uncomfortable!" Oki made sure to tell them off when he noticed customers refused to sit next to the gooey couple. This resulted in less business which was essential for his survival so basically Subaru and Rem's kissing was killing him. "Why don't you make out near the fountain! So I can push ya in!"

Oki's last comment was followed by a few laughs from the other people around. Blushing madly, Subaru and Rem got their plates and made for the fountain. Subaru looked back to give Oki an apologetic wave but was met with Oki who had a solid smile on his face. Oki raised a hand up to give Subaru a thumbs up and a wink. Subaru took this as a 'Good job kid. She's a keeper. Don't lose her, idiot.'

The other times they realized their kissing was uncomfortable to others was noticed by Subaru and Rem together. Stopping before things got out of hand caused them to learn that they should only show great affection at home. A few kisses in public wouldn't hurt, but nothing too deep.

During this time Subaru grew use to waking up every morning to Rem's beautiful face. It was a sight he never wanted to forget, something he wanted to keep on him forever. Subaru reach behind him to pick up his metia from the counter.

During his stay in this world Subaru's flip phone ultimately ran out of juice so he no longer was able to take pictures of all the things Rem and him would do together. Subaru then bought two metias; one for him and one for Rem. The metias acted like a normal phone from Subaru's world which would make sense since the inventor of the metia, Hoshin Okabe, came from Japan. The metia allowed its user to call someone and take pictures. That was really all about it. The only way to call someone however was to link them together at some point. To do this one would open their metia and click a button that said Connect via Link. The metia would scan the area and come up with a list of others whose metias were also scanning. All they had to do was click the various options on the list of people to add to their contact list and then they were able to call that person wherever, whenever.

Subaru thought it had a great system put to it but still failed to know exactly how these people were able to use linking signals if they've never been to space or sent anything up there to connect the metias across the world. Ignoring this fact, Subaru opened his metia and snapped a picture of the sleeping Rem across from him. However, Subaru forgot to turn off the sound of the metia resulting in a sharp CLICK that was a sound made when a picture was taken.

"Ooohh....huh?" Rem woke up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes she looked at Subaru who seemed shaken up. "What's wrong Subaru-kun? Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I was just taking a picture of Rem's adorable face and accidentally woke you up."

Rem lets her head fall back into the pillow. When she speaks it's directed into the pillow, muffling her speech.

"Whaa taahhh eh eh?"

"I didn't quite catch that, Rem."

Lifting her head back up Rem repeated herself, "What time is it?"