Left Behind

AN: Sorry if my chapter titles aren't up to par with...creativity. They're usually the names I give an empty page to set up as what the chapter will entail. Normally, I never change it. One of these days you'll see a chapter called "Trash" because it'll be complete garbage and I'll have to apologize in the AN for my poor quality FF chapter. Anyway, enjoy!

Thanks to JDUBZ for being my advisor and editor/critic! Imma be saying this in future chapters to come so get used to it people.

Chapter 6: Left Behind

When Subaru came to he was standing in his living room at his house in Kararagi. His head was filled with questions; what day was it? What happened before he ended up in this his current spot? Why was he-.

"Subaru-kun..." The sound of Rem's voice interrupted Subaru's thoughts. Subaru looked down at Rem's cute face, which gladly wasn't choking on blood. Rem grabbed his hands into hers, one hand had a metal object in it. When was this? Why can't I-, "Rem is the happiest girl in the world."

Once again his thoughts were blown over by Rem's voice and it was welcoming.

Subaru began to remember what was happening here. Valentine's Day, that's the day. Subaru had just given Rem the necklace and now she was happy. Subaru was happy as well, but for a different reason. Subaru was just happy he didn't have to let tell Rem the truth AFTER he made the promise to visit Ram at the mansion. He knew he had to tell Rem the truth, but he still couldn't find the right time. Subaru didn't want to think about it but he had to save Rem.

To save Rem he needed to still have her trust him after he tells her the truth. As soon as Subaru tells Rem she would most likely suspect him to be with the Witch's Cult. Subaru wasn't sure how he was going to pull it off but he started by gripping Rem's hands harder. Closing his eyes, Subaru began to enter the point of no return.

"Rem, I have a...a confession to make," Subaru decided that the best thing for him to do was to look at Rem in the eyes and not have his eyes shut. If he hid his eyes Rem would be unable to read the sincerity in his eyes, "This is something I should've told you 8 months ago."

Subaru opened his eyes again, a single tear forming at the corner of his right eye. Rem's eyes no longer had a beautiful twinkle to them, her mouth was no longer pulled into a smile. Rem didn't know what Subaru was going to say but she knew she wasn't going to like it if it was causing Subaru this much pain. She wanted to comfort him.

"Subaru-kun is sad, is there som-"

"Rem, I'm sorry but I have to say this to you." Subaru interrupted Rem, he didn't want to hear about how she wanted to make him happy. After she hears this she may never want to help him anymore.

"Please just know I did it under the best intentions. I didn't want anyone to get hurt, but I couldn't do anything to prevent it. No one would help me."

Rem spoke up, "I would have helped."

Subaru closed his eyes again, the tear finally dropping. Rem, you have no idea how many times you tried to help. Subaru opened his eyes, looked at Rem, and repeated his thoughts, "You have no idea, Rem."

Subaru collected himself before moving onto his next part. Rem just watched, moving Subaru's hair to behind his ear.

"Rem, 8 months ago we moved here and for 8 months I have been living in guilt. For 8 months I lived everyday wondering when the time would come that you wanted to go to the mansion. For 8 months it hurt me inside every time you mentioned Ram, Emilia, Beatrice, the village. It wasn't because I refused to see them, no it was because I wanted to see them. One more time was what I wanted but I knew I couldn't." Subaru was crying, straining his voice and forcing it to come out.