The Opening

The door swung open, flooding the dark room within with light. Rem  was the first to walk into the room. She looked at the walls next to the  door and found a switch. Flipping it up, the light bulbs attached to  the walls lit up.

Up above, the four clock faces were visible. The  mechanisms turning the hands of the clock still worked, clicking every  few seconds. Between the four faces was a giant crystal, being held up  by steel beams. It's yellow glow illuminated the faces, but it didn't  emit enough light to illuminate the entire room.

After turning on  the lights, Rem studied the room. It was 3 times longer than the  previous room, making it.....roomy. The only thing standing out in the  room was a complex work station, complete with computer monitors and  panels with dials and buttons, all of which were very foreign to Rem.  However, in the center of it stood a metal archway roughly the size of a  door.
.
.
It was a new day for Natsuki  Subaru, one he had been looking forward to for 2 months. The gateway  was supposed to be ready today. That meant taking Rem into his world and  living the rest of his life with her, happily and in peace. He would  finally live the life he had with her in Kararagi again, the one that  was ripped from him by the witch, but if Okabe told the truth, then the  witch could no longer reach him here. Subaru would be unreachable by the  witch, she wouldn't be able to hurt him anymore.

A smile was constantly plastered on Subaru's face as he went about his daily business.

His parents questioned him on his odd behavior because his smile never fell for a second during breakfast.

"What's up with the look, son? You're starting to freak me out." Kenichi said jokingly.

Subaru's smile never faltered as he answered his father, "Oh, I'm just seeing a very good friend I haven't seen in a long time.

Naoko  came to the table and placed a plate of pancakes in front of Subaru. In  a sweet voice she asked, "And who might that lucky person be?"

Subaru  wanted to say Rem, but decided against it. Instead, he said, "Don't  worry about it, you're the first two people I'll take her to to say hi  to."

Kenichi put a finger to his chin, a mischievous smile on his face, "So it's a girl is it? Hmmmm..."

Subaru stayed silent.

"Oh, Honey! He didn't deny it." Kenichi directed his smile to his wife. "I think our Subaru might be lovestruck."

Now Subaru was blushing slightly, but his smile still staying strong.

Naoko came back from the kitchen to place a cup of orange juice in front of Kenichi. "So what's this girl's name?"

He  didn't want to say Rem, but he also didn't want to blow off his  parents. So he settled for the stupid name that Okabe gave her,  "Taylor."

.

.

.

"Aight, bro! You ready for  today?! It's gonna be off the chain!" Michael was walking with Subaru to  school, both were excited about the portal opening, but Subaru was by  far the most excited.

Subaru was bewildered by Michael's unusual phrasing. What the hell is he saying? "What the hell are you saying?"

When  excited, Michael would often talk and act differently to express just  how happy and excited he was. The things Michael said during these times  would always bewilder Subaru. Michael's words would either be weird or  thought out, today was weird.

Michael put one of his thumbs  through a front belt loop in his pants and started to walk like a  stereotypical thug, "You know, I'm spittin' the lingo of my brothas. I'm  on cloud nine homie, shit can't touch me, man. Ain't no one can  disrespect that."