23: Theres a new girl today

Y/n's POV
_______________________________

"Remember, this Saturday!" Jenna pointed at me as we walked our separate ways.

"I will!" I gave her a thumbs up.

Zoe and I were going to spend the night at Jenna's this Saturday. On Sunday, Jack, Mark, Jenna, Zoe, Matthew, Alec, and I were going to go to Kings Island. (If you don't know what that is, its an amusement park thats in Ohio. I don't know if its just in Ohio or not.) We were planning on getting a hotel and staying there that night.

It was Thursday today and I was excited as ever. Next week was spring break. I finally get a break from this hell hole!

I walk into homeroom and Jack is already there. Holly was up talking to someone else across the room. I sit down behind Jack and he turns around.

"Hey, there's a new girl today. Shes in our homeroom." He smiles.

"Cool." I smile back.

"I think her name is Raina."

"I like her name." I nod.

I gasp loudly and keep it going until I couldn't bring anymore air into my lungs.

"Does Lightning McQueen pay for car insurance or life insurance?" I ask.

"Uh, I'd say life insurance. He's alive," Jack answers.

"But he doesn't have a heart. He has an engine."

"Yeah, but he's still alive."

"What are doctors gonna do to him? They don't know how to save a cars' life."

"An alive car can be different."

"Whatever. I'm sticking with car insurance."

"And I'm sticking with life insurance."

"Excuse me, guys," Mr. Stone cleared his throat, "this is Raina and this is her first day. Be nice. Now go sit somewhere."

She walked slowly over to an empty desk right next to Jack and I. She was sitting in front of Holly. Raina had long blond hair and brown eyes. A little too much makeup in my opinion. Her shirt was kinda tight and her shorts were defiantly not school appropriate.

What am I saying? I always complain about the schools dress code and now I'm using it against this girl.

Jack waved at her and she smiled and waved back. He turned back around to me.

"Should we invite her to sit with us at lunch? Shes new here and she doesn't know anyone," Jack whispers.

"Yeah, sure," I say, shrugging.

He turns to her and starts talking. She nods so I'm guessing she was coming to sit with us.

Mr. Stone cleared his throat again and spoke.

"Today we are going to watch a video and answer some questions about it. Before you guys ask, yes you can have partners," he looks to me and Jack, "and you two are still pared up together."

Jack and I fist bump and laugh after we completely miss. I grabbed his wrist and guided his fist to mine.

"Nailed it," I said.

"Totally," he said, smiling.

The video started playing on the screen in front of the class, and Jack turned around to face the front.

The video was long and boring. It was about some guy. Thats all I knew. I didn't pay any attention whatsoever. Mr. Stone passed out papers and told us to get to work. I moved my desk next to Jacks and stared at the paper.