49: did you two know about this?!

I don't know what its like being drunk or high (obviously) so it won't be in your POV for awhile. I only know how people act when they're drunk. High? Not really.

Mark's POV

I haven't felt this happy in a long time. Matthew, Alec, Zoe, Amy, and Jenna came to visit Y/n and me. Y/n left before we woke up. They stayed with Jack and I and we stayed in the living room or kitchen all day. Jack, Amy, Matthew, and I were playing Mario Cart on the ps4.

Y/n's dad called me earlier saying he had to work a few extra hours to fill in for his friend. It was 10:47 pm and there was no sign of everyone leaving anytime soon.

I was worried about Y/n. Shes been gone all day, been coming home drunk and high all week, hanging around Noah again, drinking and driving, Noah is taking advantage of her when shes drunk, and Jack and I are the only two who know. She could hurt herself or anyone on the road. Who knows what Noah will do to her! We don't even know where she is so all we can do is worriedly wait until she gets home.

I haven't told Jack about Y/n being around Noah again. Im scared of what he'll do. I don't know if he'll freak out and awkwardly avoid Y/n at all costs or straight up kill Noah. Its hard telling what he'll do for Y/n.

I don't know how much longer we can hide this from her dad. Or anyone! She could come home drunk right now and show everyone why she wasn't here all day.

"Ha ha! I won! Someone owes me money!" Matthew cheered as he won the game.

"Yeah, that isn't gonna happen" I chuckle.

"We shook on it!"

"Too bad"

"Hey, where is Y/n? Shes been gone all day" Jenna asks.

"I don't know. She left before any of us woke up" I shrug.

I looked over at Jack and see him staring at his black phone screen. I rocked back and forth, tears welling up in his eyes.

"Hey, are you-" I stop as he abruptly stands up and walks out the front door.

"Whats wrong with him?" Alec asks.

"I'll go see" I say slowly and stand up, making my way to the door. I open it to see Jack sitting on the porch steps, head in hands and elbows resting on his knees. I quietly shut the door and sit next to him on the steps. He immediately starts sobbing. I rub his back and pull him to my side.

"I-I'm worried about her" he says through sobs.

"I know. I am too" I whisper, still rubbing his back.

"W-What if s-something happens to her?"

"We'll do all we can to keep her home for awhile. Break her away from everyone who's getting her to do this"

He just nods, wiping his tear away as more fall.

"I don't know what happened to Lucas" I sigh "he was such an angel, doing anything and everything that was good, scared to even break a rule. Then he moved away, now look at him." I say, remembering my friend from ninth grade.

Jack still doesn't answer. We sit in the dark silence, the only noise is Jack sniffling, before he decides to speak.

"Mark?" His shaking voice breaks the silence.

"Hm?" I hum.

"What if" he pauses "what i-if she overdoses? What if she gets in the car drunk again?" He speaks slowly as he tries to hold more tears back.