After 3 long years (Chapter)

Kirito POV
"Hey pal! Which class are you going?" Kai asked as he slang his arm around my shoulders. "3-c, and you?" He looked at me eyes widened. "We are in the same class Kazuto!" He shook my shoulders dragging me with him in the classroom.

I slid the door open.

A lot of unfamiliar faces and a few familiar ones were there.

All of their attention diverted to me and Kai. "Hello." I said bowing before sitting on a chair. Kai sat beside me.
-

The bell rang indicating lunch time. Me and Kai walked to the cafeteria. "Hey bro! There's this hot chick. Look there!" He whispered secretly pointing at someone. A petite girl that had mid black hair. My head itched and burned all of a sudden making me massage my temples. "Hey Kazuto, you alright?" Kai asked as he was examining my face. I nodded my head. "Im fine. Just a small headache." I sheepishly laugh.

What was that supposed to be? That hairstyle felt nostalgic. Did i know someone who had that hairstyle before?

"Wait Kazuto. Ill try asking her to hang out with me."

Kai left the table approaching  the unknown girl. A few moments later, he returned with the girl beside him.

"Why did you bring her along with you." I asked with a monotone voice. "C'mon Kazuto! Why not?" Kai replied and the girl beside him chuckled. "Im Morishige Akari. Nice to meet you." Morishige Akari? That name sounds familiar. Must have been a misunderstanding. "Im Kirigaya Kazuto. Nice to meet you too Akari-san." we shook hands.

"Hey guys! Have you guys heard about the new game?" Kai asked excitingly only getting a no from me.

"Eh?" Akari looked at me weirdly. "Dont you like video games? Especially when it requires a NerveGear?" Kai asked.

"Im sorry guys, but i cant seem to remember." Kais face turned in to a frown. "You saved all the people in Aincrad. Sword art online??? It was three years ago." He said and shook his head flicking his nose. Then it hit me.

Sword art online the popular game that trapped hundreds of thousands of people, most of the players dying. The game that caused tragic to the families from the gamers that died. And (y/)-. Who again? What had happened? Whos name was i going to say again?

The name was at the tip of my tongue.

Kira? Kat? Kero? (Kermit? Lmao im sorry) "Kazuto!" I went back to my senses. "Do you remember now?" He asked and i nodded. "I remember it now."
-

"Bye Kai, bye Akari-san!" I waved my hands at Kai and Akari as they returned. I walked to the train station patiently waiting for the train to arrive. The train stopped and i went in getting squished on the train door mirror. The train moved. I sighed. Today is really weird day and a really nostalgic one. The eyes that Akira has reminded me of someone.

No one POV
As the confusion built inside Kirito, the train continued to move. Kirito looked up on the glass wall, seeing another train right beside theirs. There, a girl also getting squished like him, covered with a black baseball cap. The girl slowly looked up, revealing her hidden face. At the same time, they both looked at eachother right in their eyes. Her eyes widened. But Kirito felt home, he felt so relieved, nostalgic, so happy, so sad and lastly, he felt butterflies fluttering around in his stomach. The girl opened her mouth to say something.

Kirito tried eyeing what she was saying. Little did he know, all she said was

'Kirito.' And a tear dropped on her cheeks.

The last thing Kirito saw before the train separated. His eyes blurred, he wiped his eyes that was filled with tears.

"Why am i crying?" He asked himself as he remembered the girl that was on the train.

"Do i know her?"

TBC