Chapter 13: Nightmare and Lies

AN:

Must Read

1.) I deeply apologized for suddenly disappearing like that. I haven't been feeling okay(physically) for the past several months and the last couple of months had been the worst but thankfully I made it through and am now recovering.

2.) I am not abandoning this story. Its true when I said I had more ideas for this book. But no spoilers.

3.) I'll try and make it up to you.

Enjoy.

Also, thank you for all your support!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Chapter 13: Nightmare and Lies

Third POV

"That's... very concerning." Ink commented. Obviously disturbed by what he had learned. "And how's Geno doing?" the creator added worriedly.

Ink knew Geno had a fragile state of mind and based on Reaper's story, Ink was afraid that Geno might have broken. Geno usually can't handle this much stress.

"Physically, exhausted but okay. Mentally, he seemed fine. He's actually happy that he had finally end Chara. But I can't be sure. He could just be hiding it, like always." Reaper said, his concern growing by the moment.

Now that he thought about it, Geno had a bad habit of hiding things from everyone. Selfless as ever. Always putting others first before himself. Reaper would have to fix that.

Ink's shoulders sagged in mild relief but it's not enough to wash away his worry. "I see." He really want to check on Geno now.

"Can I ask you something?" Reaper said, breaking the brief silence.

"Yeah, sure." Ink said as he glance at the grim reaper from his side of the couch.

"I mentioned Geno was reborn here, in this universe, did that change anything in him?" Reaper's tone was heavy with worry but with a hint of anticipation.

"What do you mean, exactly? How did Toriel gave him a new life anyway?" Ink asked, quite confused as to what changes Reaper was referring to.

"Tori somehow managed to create a blank soul and she told me she transferred Geno's 'existence' into that." Reaper explained with a bit of uncertainty. He admits that he still could not fully understand how Life did it.

Reaper didn't gave it much thought because Geno seemed to be doing fine, physically. But now he was starting to get anxious as Ink's concern expression morphed into terrified.

Ink abruptly stood up from the couch and demanded "I need to check on him now" before practically sprinting upstairs.

"Wha-! Why? What's wrong?!" Reaper stuttered as he quickly followed Ink.

Ink didn't respond and just kept going. Reaper was getting more and more anxious and Ink's sudden silence was not helping at all.

"What's going on? Ink!" The grim reaper called. "If it's something about Geno, then I need to know." Reaper added in an almost threatening way which made Ink stop on his tracks.

Ink realized something. He knew Reaper was madly in love with Geno and would do anything for him. Reaper was just worried and it's not right to leave him in the dark especially if it's about the one he care about the most.