Chapter 46: Everything is Red

AN: Hi

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Chapter 46: Everything is Red

Third POV

"Let him go!" Ink demands, his usually cheery tone now marred with cold venom and his bright mismatched eyes now darkened to a deep red hue that forecasts an upcoming bloodshed.

It had been so long since Error had seen Ink this mad. The rage brewing in those eyes, the snarl on his lips, and tight grip of his hands on his weapon; it was the same look when Error had first destroyed a universe. Ink was furious.

Yet Error was unfazed -he no longer does- even with the seething god of death standing behind his eternal rival. Error has no reason to be scared of them. Not when he knows he's stronger than them. Even more so when he finally has someone on his side.

But Error, sadistic and overly confident, mockingly complies and backed off of 'Geno' with a smug grin plastered on his face followed by a welcoming hand motion that invites them to try. "Why don't you ask him if he wants to go with you?" Oh, how Error loved the infuriated look on their faces.

Ink's gaze shifted to Geno and his eyes softened considerably. "Geno?" Ink called, with the smallest hint of hesitation. Although he couldn't help the apprehension clawing up his spine, his instinct screaming at him every time he met those wide heterochromatic eyes and the creepy smile that certainly doesn't belong to the Geno he knew.

'Geno' gave no indication that he heard him.

"Geno," Ink tried again, stricter and firmer. "Geno, come on. We're going home." Ink lowered his brush and held out his hand expectantly. No matter the distance, the meaning behind the act still stands.

'Geno', like a baby who understands nothing of what had been said to him, chuckled as if he's been told a joke.

Ink frowned. "Geno, I know you're in there somewhere!" Ink insisted, loud and hopeful that it actually starts to annoy Error.

"You know his name is Fatal_Error," the dark-boned destroyer said, earning him once more the deadly glare from the artist.

"What did you do to him?" Reaper, who had been silent till now and watching from the sideline, demands. His tone icy cold, hollow eyes glowering with such intense hatred that magnifies the glow of his scythe; eager to slice through someone.

Error's red eyes unimpressively turned to the grim reaper before replying in a plain, monotonous tone "What should've been done."

Reaper bristled as a growl escapes his throat, his face visibly darkens and the grip on his scythe tightens.

"This is what he should've been without your meddling!"

It was the last straw. The god of death lunge with blinding speed and reappeared before Error with his scythe already pulled back. He swung, blue light trailing behind the blade and narrowly missed the target as the destroyer stepped aside.

In their close proximity, their eyes met. Mad red on menacing black.

Readjusting the position of his scythe, Reaper readied for another swipe. From below, this time.

"Reaper, no!"

He heard Ink called somewhere from behind him before he noticed the red strings swirling around him and Error grinning wide before him.