Chapter 15: Here Comes Trouble

AN: Sans belongs to TobyFox.
Ink doesn't belong to me either.

Warning: uncensored swear/ curse words.
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Chapter 15: Here Comes Trouble

Third POV

Geno wasn't really expecting it to work. He had tried many times summoning the reset button outside the save screen but it never worked. Until now.

Why now? What's the difference between then and now?

Questions. Lots of them. Whirling around Geno's mind. It doesn't make any sense.

Geno looked up at the two gods in front of him. Reaper was still in the state of shock and Ink was... frowning?

Why was he frowning? Is something wrong? Geno thought worriedly as his gaze went back and forth between the creator and the transparent panel hovering in front of him.

Anxiety starts growing inside Geno. "I-Ink? Is... Is everything okay?" Geno stuttered as he fiddled with his fingers.

The creator seemed to snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Geno to see his mildly scared expression. Ink concluded that it was his silence that makes Geno nervous.

So he smiled. "Yeah. Don't worry, everything's fine." Ink replied. Reaper side glance at him, obviously not buying it. But at least it made Geno a bit calm. Though the bad feeling still lingers.

"That's it, for now. We'll test it some other time." Ink said and watched as the golden glow on Geno's soul slowly fades and the 'reset button' disappeared at the same time. "Resets doesn't work here so we need to go somewhere else-" Ink was suddenly cut off.

"Hold up, Ink. It's still dark out there and Geno needs rest. We can continue this 'experiment' some other time." Reaper said as he stood in front of Ink with a disapproving frown on his face.

"I was going to say that. Alright," Ink began as he let go of Geno's soul. It flew straight to Geno and it was absorbed inside his body. "Geno, you can go back to bed now." The creator declared like a mother to a child.

"What?! No! I'm not going back to bed." Geno stubbornly said and Reaper immediately knew why. It was most probably because of the nightmare.

Ink opened his mouth to say something against it but Reaper beat him to it.

"Alright, alright. You're not going back to bed." The grim reaper agreed. Geno's composure faltered. He was actually expecting Reaper to drag him to bed or something like that. Not agree with his stubbornness.

"Besides," the grim reaper began as he twisted to face Ink. "He deserves to know what's going on, right?" Reaper said in a slightly threatening voice, though barely noticeable.

Geno furrowed his 'brows' in confusion before remembering the questions that lingers in his thoughts earlier.

Ink's expression became serious as he looked at Reaper straight in the eyes. "There's a right time and place for everything, Reaper. I don't think he's ready to know." Ink responded firmly.

"You can tell me then." Reaper countered and both gods turned to Geno again.

Geno already knew what they wanted him to do. Leave. So they can have their private conversation. It's okay, though. Plus, he trusted Ink. If Ink says he's not ready then maybe it's true.