Chapter 33: Trauma

AN:

I made a big mistake.

I used to enjoy writing so much, the words just poured out of my mind as well the feelings of the characters flowing through me.

But then I started following these 'advise' from the internet and everything seems to fall apart. Of course, these advise came from professionals, some more experienced writer than I am, but that what makes it even harder.

It feels like I'm doing the wrong thing the whole time. That's why writing has become more of a struggle for me.

Writing stories for me, is like a scapegoat from reality. I used to enjoy it so much. I ditched my homework just to write because it was just so much fun.

When I decided to follow these 'rules', writing became more strict and suffocating. I felt like I'm working and so stressed rather than having fun. It was like 'oh no, I shouldn't do this, I shouldn't do that'.

And worse, I felt so stupid because I couldn't follow these 'rules'.

I kept asking myself, what was wrong with me? Why can't I write the same way as before?

It took me a while to find the answers:

I write with feelings. I write as if I was in the story and not just a story teller. I feel the characters' emotions and thoughts.

It was MY writing style.

I am ashamed to say that I did forgot my own writing style by following others' footsteps. I have my own way of writing. And it's with feelings rather than logically putting words together like some sort of intelligent puzzle.

This is what makes my story great, it was the heart that I put into, not the words that I put together.

Did you know that a lot of famous writer out there broke some writing rules, yet their stories emerged as one of the greatest. Because they have their own writing style.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't follow these 'rules' at all, there are some very helpful tips out there that can improve your writing skill and help you find your own style.

But don't forget to have fun.

That's my biggest mistake. I forgot how to have fun. 

I really hope this can help those who are struggling with writing or having a writers block. Do what you love. :) If it's not fun, you're not doing it right.

It's a hobby, it's meant to be fun and entertaining.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Chapter 33: Trauma

Third POV

Reaper was displeased at the sight he had arrived to. It was worse than he had expected.

The walls were nearly teared down, broken floorboards sticking out everywhere and the carpet was badly damaged, torn apart and soaked with unknown pitch black substance and splatters of red which the grim reaper assumed as blood. He just hoped it wasn't Geno's.

Who was that tar-like slime monster? And worse of all, why was Sans hugging his Geno?!

Reaper quickly flew down beside the cuddling pair, an ugly snarl on his face, while his scythe dematerialized in thin air.

Sans gulped upon sensing the god of death's radiating anger and instinctively stepped back, but with Geno still attached to him, he was stuck on the spot, burning under the judgmental glare of the god.