Chapter 43: Captive and Beaten

AN: It's been a month?! What the heck?! 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Chapter 43: Captive and Beaten

Third POV

Error took great pleasure in beating Geno into submission. Every punch packed with strength enough to break bones and leaves bruises that is sure to last for at least a month.

Geno couldn't even defend himself. Not with his arms and legs restrained by the strings. He was forced to take each hit with barely enough time to brace himself.

A hit landed on his side, right at his ribs, -again- and he coughed. He tasted his own blood. Yep, his ribs were definitely broken. He gasped for breath, his body burning with ache and littered with blooming pain.

Funny now that he thought about it, his rib cage had been slashed open before and Geno can clearly remember that he was fully capable of handling it like it was nothing. That critical injury had been easy to endure yet... how?

How come a mere broken ribs hurt like hell?!

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he had finally tasted the sweet relief and freedom after when he was fully healed. He woke up one day and found all his injuries were gone and so was the pain, ache, and fatigue.

Geno had taken it for granted. He acted like it was normal. He didn't even properly thank Reaper. Geno should be ashamed of himself.

And now that he was back in such a state, he was reminded how terrible it is to be in a world of pain. He was reminded of the things he had thought about back when he was still trapped in the Save Screen: how he just wanted everything to end, including his life just to stop the pain. And when it finally did, Geno wasn't even grateful for it.

A small part of him thinks he deserves the beating he was currently in but a larger part despised it. He wanted it to stop. He wanted it to end but Error doesn't seem to plan on stopping anytime soon.

In fact, the sick bastard looks like he was enjoying beating the daylights out of him.

Every time he felt as if he was about to pass out, he'd be violently pulled back to this blank reality they were in with a punch that jostles the rest of his injuries. Error has to constantly adjust and tighten the strings just to keep him up and not slump on the floor.

Geno didn't have enough strength to struggle and even if he does, struggling would only make it worse as the strings, now felt like hot wires rather than cold silk threads, were digging into his bones and drawing small amounts of blood.

The blank white floor underneath him was already bloodied and gruesome. Geno was sure that he looked way worse if he could see himself.

He could only hope Reaper wouldn't see him like this or it might not end well.

~~~~

Meanwhile,

Reaper had wrecked the entire room, taking out all his anger and frustrations on the pieces of furniture, the walls, and everything else around him. Screaming curses and swears at everything while he's at it.

If he hadn't been exhausted in searching throughout hundreds of universes, he would've destroyed more than just a single room.

He then cried himself to further exhaustion before practically passing out. The last words he uttered were a promise to save Geno before he gives in to deep sleep.

When the ruckus died down, Papyrus sneaked into the room and took care of his brother. He brought the smaller grim reaper to the goddess of life to help him recover his strength faster. Only, she could attend to the smaller god of death after she finished tending to Ink.

Ink was still unconscious and Toriel was still meticulously healing his injuries. The process was slow, as it should be, but she was doing everything -even pouring her energy into it- to speed it up as much as she can.

It was taking its toll on her to the point that Asgore had to intervene and suggest that she took a break. She was thankful for the concern but she wouldn't be able to sit still knowing Geno was taken by the destroyer of the universe.

She and everyone else knew that only Ink can go against Error. If Ink wasn't in a condition to fight, they'll have no chance of rescuing.

She's of no use in the battlefield anyway and this was the only way she could help.

No, she wouldn't take a break. She'll push herself to her limit if that's what it takes. Time is against them.

Who knows how long can Geno last in the hands of the destroyer.

~~~~

"What do you want from me?!" Geno finally snaps. Having had enough of the pointless beating and meaningless pain that was forced upon him. He clenched his fists, eye hardening to send the most hatred-filled glare he could manage under his current condition. Despite being restrained, Geno managed to appear intimidating.

Error stopped mid-strike as his mind registers the demand before answering. "Join me."

Geno seethed. That wasn't the answer he wanted to hear. "Why ME?!" He practically screamed, ignoring the crushing ache in his ribs. "Out of all the monsters in the multiverse, WHY ME?!" Geno harshly demanded.

He was sick of this senseless beating. This pointless game they were playing. He wanted answers.

Error was unimpressed. His deranged smile and the playful glint in his red eyes disappears, replaced by something unreadable. Error lowered his fists at his side and straightened up.

The fact that he was so calm made Geno feel nervous and highly cautious but reminded himself that there's nothing else to lose if he was already in such amount of pain. Another hit wouldn't be any different. He just wanted answers.

"Because they're not you," Error simply said and it enrages Geno because that doesn't make any sense at all. Geno wanted to understand why Error was going after him when there's probably tons of monsters who were more willing to destroy than him.

"What do you want from me?!" Geno screeched. He was rapidly losing his patience and it clearly shows on the way his glitches grows increasingly restless.

Error, however, was unfazed as he merely stared back at Geno's hatred-filled and frustrated glare. "You're a glitch-"

Geno was so sick and tired of hearing that word. "So what if I'm a d*mn glitch?!" Because that word hurts him. That word reminds him of his entire mistake of an existence, every single mistake he had regretted at the end. "That doesn't mean I would want to join you- mmhp!" A hand clamped over his mouth, effectively silencing him and forcing him to look up and met the other's face.

Geno saw Error's stare was intimidating, unsettling and eeriely calm but Geno can see there's a brewing crazed storm raging behind those piercing red eyes. "You're not like any other glitch," Error said, his mouth breaking out into a grin and Geno was growing increasingly nervous. "You're an error, like me."

To be continued...

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

AN: It's shorter than usual because I like cliffhanger.