Chapter 37: ...Or a New Prison

AN: Fluff

Have fun!

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Chapter 37: ...Or a New Prison

Third POV

Reaper decided to postpone the tour and take Geno straight to the upstairs bathroom. Although Geno already have an eyeful of the interior design on the way there and it certainly was no ordinary living space.

The place has a highly sophisticated design minus Ink's signature style of creative mess and wide arrays of colors. Instead, the color scheme was limited to neutral colors of white and grays with accents of black and bare woods.

It almost reminded Geno of the underground laboratory if not for the pieces of furniture that basically declares the place as a home and not just a building. Also, the potted plants and the windows that gave a view of the lush green world outside.

Then, there's a lot of glass and crystals. Glass tables, glass staircase, glowing crystals everywhere, and so on.

It seems understandable since there seems to be an abundance of crystals in the area, plus it makes the home looks pretty, but Geno was starting to think that Reaper has a thing for crystals. Or glass, whichever.

Upon arriving at their destination, Geno was left alone with nothing but a gentle kiss on the cheek. It was weird, in Geno's opinion, for them to suddenly leave him alone after being under their constant watch. It almost felt foreign to not be with them.

Turning around and scanning the room, Geno nearly forgot the sudden lonely feeling as he was too enthralled at the sight of the luxurious bathroom. To think that Ink created all these out of nothing but his own magic was mind-blowing.

Even the forest outside, Ink made those too. When? Maybe thousands or even millions of years ago. The universe, Ink created it. Geno would never understand how Ink does it. He had initially thought that procuring bones was somehow related to Ink's ability to create. After all, it has the same concept of creating something solid out of magic.

Yet, Ink can create way more than just bones. Geno couldn't simply imagine how much magic does it cost to make a world, much less an entire universe. But Ink didn't stop there. He created multiple universes. If he remembers what Reaper had said, there are hundreds of them.

Just... how powerful exactly was Ink?

~~~~

After taking a nice warm bath, Geno stepped out of the bathroom dawned in a fluffy bathrobe with nothing else underneath. Geno thought Reaper must've forgotten to bring him clothes.

Speaking of the devil, Geno found Reaper waiting for him just outside the door. Had he been waiting there the whole time? Geno didn't want to know. Reaper took his hand and led him to another door at the end of the hall.

Geno noted Ink's absence and assumed that he had gone back to the others.

They entered a bedroom, their bedroom as it seems for there's a double-sized bed in the center. Then, Reaper showed him the closet filled with their clothes. It was obvious not just by the numbers but the colors. Half of the clothes in the closet were pure black, which obviously belongs to Reaper, and the other half was pure white.

There are no other colors there but black and white. But why?

"Ink thinks it would be better if you'll blend in with the other gods since you're going to stay here." Reaper answers the unasked question after seeing the mild confusion in Geno's face.