Chapter 35: Forgiven Or Not?

AN: Technically, it's still the 'next' week. 

I made it on my deadline so STOP SCREAMING!

Enjoy! ^-^

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Chapter 35: Forgiven Or Not?

Third POV

There was a tense silence enveloping the house of Sans and Papyrus and a gloomy atmosphere hanging over their heads. None dared speak a word nor break the silence for Ink was there, watching over them with a disappointed look in his mismatched eyes.

Ink had taken it upon himself to clean up their mess. He 'painted over' the damages, magically fixing them and returning them to their original state. If not, maybe even better and as it seems the carpet had gained more attention than the others as not only it was whole again but also looking newly washed. Soft to the touch like silk, free of grime and dirt that had collected through the years, the colors were brighter and smells like a detergent.

Papyrus had been so enthralled at the 'painting' process that he just had to ask Ink to teach him how to do that. Unfortunately, Ink said it was impossible since it was not a skill anyone can learn. Papyrus was greatly disappointed.

Feeling a bit sorry, Ink offered to grant a few requests from the younger skeleton and Papyrus' mood bounce back up. The first 'wish' was a sun.

Yes, a sun. In the middle of the living room, Papyrus requested a small sun to act as the main light in their house.

Ink was ready to turn down the request as a small sun -an actual burning star- was not safe inside a wooden home, a small one at that, and can literally burn them alive but an idea popped into his head. With a swish of his brush, a huge crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling, twinkling like a cluster of stars and together, burning intensely with a warm yellow glow.

Papyrus was jumping with joy, thinking it was an actual sun, and throwing his hands up in their air as if reaching for it. Well, it's not like had seen a real one and in the underground, stars were merely crystals embedded in the ceiling of this enormous cave. Furthermore, Ink was sure Sans had informed Papyrus that the sun was actually a star.

Therefore, Papyrus believed that a sun was a giant crystal.

It even caught Blue's attention, despite his worries over his brother's, Stretch, wounds which Ink had refused to heal for a reason no one would tell him. Blue had begged Ink, Sans, and even Fell but they wouldn't even try to help him. His brother was bleeding!

Stretch wasn't surprised by it though. He had betrayed them, he broke their trust and it was just right for them to refuse to help him.

Stretch had expected this. He was prepared to face the consequences. The moment he attacked his friends, he made a decision to damage their friendship but in his defense, he did it in order to save Blue from Error's clutch.

But it seems to be unnecessary as, according to Blue, Error let him go. Blue had described the event as Error was so angry, for a reason Blue didn't know, and he threw Blue out the white dimension. Blue then found himself in Fell's universe and was left alone to fend off for himself.