Chapter 3

*Violets POV*

"But Tate...you're the darkness..."

My eyes quickly focused into reality, when I awoke in my steaming, hot sweat. I was laying in my old bed...in my old room. Scanning my surroundings, I realized Tate's toned biceps were latched onto my waist.

"Tate?" I mumbled, still having sleep weigh me down. He didn't seem to react. His gorgeous locks fell over his face as his mouth slightly opened leaving a trail of drool on my pillowcase. He seemed so peaceful...so innocent. But he wasn't.

He was a monster. Doubtfulness swarmed through my veins like an infectious disease. No. No. No.

"Get off of me!" I screeched. I couldn't do this. What would my parents say? He completely ruined my life. Why did I let him in so easily?

"Huh? What?" He rasped. God, why did he have to be so...so... Ugh no. I wasn't going to let him back in. He raped my mother. How could I be such stupid, teenage girl who was madly-in-love-with-a-psycho-killer? He shouldn't deserve this. He shouldn't deserve me.

I quickly sprung out of the bed and raced to the bathroom like a little kid. Locking the door, I fell to the ground and pushed myself to the wall. My life was a train wreck. I had no idea what I was doing or why I was even doing it.

One side of my self-conscience screamed, He is broken. You can't fix him. Leave now before he breaks you again!

While the other side of my self-conscience screamed, Let Tate have another chance! He just needs a little mending that's all!

"Vi, What's wrong? Please let me in." He begged. My internal conflicts began again as my head spun around and around. Crying, somehow Tate managed to break through the door. "Vi...."

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" I wailed in agony.

"Vi, Talk to me about it. What is it?" His peaceful voice calmed my psychotic hormones. God, I was such a mess. "Please talk to me. Don't shut me out again." He weeped. Suddenly, his arm strung around my neck and I leaned into him.

"I just don't know if I can do this...I thought if I saw you again...I could have some closure...you know? But it just made the pain worse. Tate, what you did was malicious and cruel and...I just don't know if I can put what you did in the past. I want to. I want to believe you are changed, but your broken, Tate...and...and I don't know if I can fix you..." I croaked while drowning in my own tears.

----------------------------------

*Tates POV*

"Vi, I've changed...I rea-" I was not going to loose her again. She was my everything. Without her...I was nothing.

"No, Tate. You're just making it worse. What I did...I...I...it was a mistake. I shouldn't have acted that way. I thought you had changed after all of these years...but you know what I realized? Time doesn't change people, because you will still be a serial killer and a rapist no matter how many old ladies you walk across the street or puppies you save. I'm sorry, I even called you in the first place." She uttered as we sat in the puddle of her tears, wiping her nose on my jacket and crying into my chest.

I did this to her. I killed the light inside of her, and now I had to be the person to bring the light back.

I tilted her head up and glanced into her eyes.

"I'm going to make the pain go away."

"Do you promise?" She mumbled quietly.

"Pinky." I stated and touched my lips against her own as we cried together in each others arms.

--------------------------------

Hey guys(:

I really hope you like this update! I revised it like 5,000,000 times so I hope you enjoy it(: Leave comments below please and don't forget to vote if you want another update.

Xoxo,
McKenna👽