Chapter 12

*Tates POV*

"What the hell was that?" I shrieked as I approached Violet who was sitting on the brick windowsill, drawing in her journal.

"What?" She stated flatly, not even looking up while she released another smoke from her mouth. The smoke didn't smell like a cigarette, it smell almost sweet? Pot?

"Where did you get that?" I questioned as I grabbed the joint from her hand and smushed it into the ground.

"Freaking kidding me? You're such a dick." She exclaimed while continuing not to look at me. "And I got it from Park."

"You need to stay away from him." I warned.

"God, are you jealous?" She asked.

"No, ju-" I started.

"Oh, you're jealous alright." She laughed.

"Did he touch you?"

"God, no. He just gave me a smoke alright? I like talking to him."

"What about talking to me?"

"I do that all the time. Relax."

"Are you bored of me?"

"Tate, it's fine. Stop worrying so much. Now is this the part where you tell me never to speak to him again?"

"Well..." I just had to remind myself that if Violet was happy, then I was happy. As long as nothing was going on then it would be fine...I hope. "I guess I overreacted." I confessed.

"Just a little." She said scrunching her nose that followed with a giggle. "I love you." She mumbled as she wrapped her arms around my neck, while leaning in for a kiss.

I love you, too.

-
-

"Tate?" Constance whined as she lingered around the second floor.

"What is it?" I asked flatly.

"Someone is here to see you." She smiled sweetly, while guarding someone behind her.

"Who?"

"Your son." She exclaimed as she guided Michael in front of her.

"Daddy?" He questioned.

I instantly ran to him and embraced him into my arms. My son.

He resembled me like a mirror that dated ten years back. His head was full of luscious, blond curls, deep dimples formed on his face, and the apples of his cheeks were flushed with red color.

But looking into his eyes...he was a monster.

-
-

*Violets POV*

It was Monday, so Park was at school until 4. Tanya and Janice worked until six, which mean' t the house was empty most of the time.

I found myself wandering through Parks room. His room was awesome. Looking at it from the doorway, you could see millions of posters fill up the wall, some of my favorite books on a black bookshelf that was collapsing because of the weight of all the books and a vintage record playing sitting on the nightstand. Black-light lights hung from the curtains and dirty clothes made a sea on the floor, creating its own carpet.

I crept over to his records and starting browsing through them. Nirvana, The Ramones, Sex Pistols, Green Day, Fleetwood Mac... This kid had everything.

Selecting "Tainted Love" by Hannah Peel, I set it on the record player and let the lyrics run through my veins as I danced around the room.

Sometimes I feel I've got to run away
I've got to get away
From the pain you drive into the heart of me.
The love we share seems to go nowhere

And I've lost my light for I toss and turn - I can't sleep at night.

Once I ran to you,
Now I run from you...

Suddenly, the door opened and Park stood in the doorway with a confused look.

"What are you doing in here?" Park exclaimed as I scrambled to make an explanation.

"I... I was snooping through your room." I admitted.

"Why do you keep coming into my house?"

"It's kind of hard to explain."

"Tell me."

"It's not that simple."

"Do you need somewhere to live?"

"No."

"Do you need money?"

"No."

"Then what is it?"

"I'm..."

"What?"

"I'm dead."

-
-

3/21

Hey guys.

Hope you like this chapter.
I really hope I nailing the characters personalities right-I'm sorry if I'm not. (I can't be as rad as Violet and have witty comebacks)

Anywaysssss

Commenting = Faster update
Voting = Faster Update

Xoxo
Mckenna🌵