Chapter 15

*Parks POV*

"Holy Shit. You don't know who The Stone Roses are?" She laughed in disbelief, probably because I seemed to know every band that walked the planet and had a matching poster and t-shirt to go with.

"No, are they any good?" I asked, stupidly.

"Are they good? They are amazing." She started. "Here, I have a cassette tape of it." She noted as she reluctantly reached for it from her back pocket.

"How old are they?" I questioned, as I observed the old, dusty cassette.

"Oh, shut up. Old bands are the best, and they aren't that old." She emphasized on the 'that'.

"How old?"

"1983?"

"That is old." I laughed, giving her a fake punch.

"Oh, just shut up and listen, dork." She giggled as she fumbled for the cassette and then pressed it into the player.

Candy-like guitar riffs and drum solos infused my ears as the lyrics felt foreign on my tongue.

I don't need to sell my soul
He's already in me

I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

"Wow, I really like this." I informed suprisingly.

"I told you." She laughed.

"You know, you're the first girl I've ever met who doesn't hang their boobs out of their shirt or post narcissistic pictures on Tumblr. You're different, like for one, you don't listen to that Top 40 bullshit. You carry yourself proudly. I really love that about you, Violet." I smiled, reaching over the grasp her hand.

"Yeah, I'm really glad we are friends." She smiled.

"But Violet..."

"I'm sorry, but I have to go." She said quickly and raced out of the room, leaving me with the old cassette tape and a confused mind.

I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Boy, do I.

-
-

*Violets POV*

Sure, I might have liked Park, but I couldn't do that to Tate. I had just gotten him back, and he had done so much for me...it wouldn't be fair to him. Tate needed a break from all this pain, I couldn't just keep ripping it away from him.

"I love Tate." I tried reminding myself.

I made myself to the brick windowsill by the kitchen, and got out a cigarette. Releasing the puff, I looked straight up in to the sky, and noticed the birds.

How free they were. How they could leave whenever they wanted. To go anywhere. At anytime. They were so lucky. A tear formed in the crease of my eye, and I let it pass down my cheeck.

"Oh darling, Life is too short for so much sorrow." Nora's calming voice devoured my thoughts.

"No, no it's not, Nora. Life is long. Endless. And it is filled to the too with sorrow." I exclaimed. releasing another smoke into her face.

"That's what I used to think, but dear, this life? It's your second chance at what you didn't have when you were alive. You mustn't take that for granted, you hear? I know it might not make sense now, but this afterlife? It's your time to mend the things you did wrong when you were alive."

"Well, thanks, Nora, for the advice." I stated sweetly, trying not to bruise her delicate feelings.

"Your welcome, honey. If you need anything, you know where to find me." She informed, as she turned around and waved her arm as her dissmissal.

Maybe Nora was right. This was my second chance, and this time I was going to make it right.

-
-

"Dad?" My voice croaked, as my feet creaked in his old office. I waited quietly, hoping he would hear my cries-or want to atleast see me.

"Vi?" A voice behind me started.

"Dad!" I exclaimed, as I leaped into his arms to enforce an unexpected embrace.

"Violet, I've missed you so much." He stated as he ran his fingers through my hair for comfort.

"Me too, dad. I'm so sorry. I would never want to leave you."

"I know, honey. Your mother and I will always love you no matter what."

"I'm sorry I've been such a bitch to you and mom." I laughed.

"That's what moody teenagers do, right?"

"Well, I'm not your average teenager."

"No, honey, you aren't, in the best possible way."

-
-

2/29

Hey guys!

Hope you like this update!
I tried including more of the characters so it's not just Tate and Violet.

Also, I tried updating this morning but Wattpad glitched on me, so sorry!
Fingers crossed this is works(:

BTW HUGE thanks for the 1.5k+ reads! I couldn't thank you all enough(:

Voting & Commenting =Updates.

Xoxo

McKenna