Chapter 18

*Violets POV*

Below the creaky, wooden floors, sounds of the Brooks screams infused my ears.

A pang of guilt washed over my body and anxiety filled my veins. Park didn't deserve to be scared half to death, but at the same time he did need to leave. As great as a friend he was, if he and his family stayed in this house, they were bound to die.

I just had to clear my head and remember I was doing the right thing...or atleast I thought I was.

Headaches rippled through my anxious mind, causing me to rub my fingers at my temples.

"Are you alright?" Tate asked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah, just nervous." I mumbled.

"Why? It's the Brooks, isn't it?"

He knew me so well. I quietly nodded.

"You just need to remember this is the right thing to do." He reminded me.

"By scaring them half to death? Maybe you don't realize that after they leave, they could become screwed up in the head or whatever. I just...I don't know. Nothing seems 'right' in this house."

"No matter how much I hate Park, he shouldn't deserve to be stuck here forever. This is the only way he and his family can be safe."

"I know, but just imagine what he's thinking? He probably thinks I'm a total traitor."

"Just don't worry about it, okay? It will be over soon." He smiled while lying a kiss on my forehead.

-
-

*Parks POV*

My red digit alarm clock blinked 12:48.
Ugh. I was never going to go to bed. Everytime my eyes fell down, all I saw was Violets perfect face.

I couldn't let her go. Images and memories flashed through my mind. Her laughing at my jokes. Her eyes lighting up when I played my guitar. Her singing along to her favorite bands.

She was the perfect girl. I was memorized not just by looks, but also by her personality.

She was different from most girls. She didn't care what others thought about her. She had a voice of her own, other than following with the crowd.

If only she could be mine...

Suddenly, Janice's screams snatched me back into reality. "Park!" She shrieked from down the hall.

I quickly sprinted from my room to the master bedroom. Janice and Tanya were lying on the bed with the covers held up to their chins, with shock in their eyes.

"What is is?" I asked, annoyed that nothing was there.

"Th...There...was a suit." Tanya started, as her finger trembled while it was held in the air.

"What kind of suit?" I queried, confused by their startled looks.

"Rubber.

-
-
4/4

Hey guys!

Sorry for the short chapter. I'm traveling this week so it's been kind of crazy. But thank you so much for 3k+ reads! That's amazing💘

Comment below what you think will happen next!🌿

I will try to update tomorrow or the next day!

xoxo
mckenna