Chapter 19

*Parks POV*

My heart flew up to my throat. Rubber? Violet had told me about Rubbersuit. How he violently raped her mother and killed the gay couple that once lived here.

There was no way I was going to let him do either of those horrid things to my family. I knew what to do. "We need to leave." I almost shrieked as my mixed emotions flooded my confused mind.

Tanya just nodded quickly, still having shock coat each and every joint of her body.

Janice engaged eye contact with me as if she was reading my mind. She pursed her lips together, thinking of a plan to leave. Then, she swiftly rushed over to the closet and grabbed her suitcase. "Park, grab all your belongings. Just clothes and sentimental items." She ordered as she rushed through the bathroom to grab a plethora of assorted cosmetics.

Gulping down the fear that was rising in my throat, I nodded hoping to calm down my raging emotions. I then sprinted out of the room and headed straight to mine.

Suddenly, a tap on the shoulder snapped me back to reality.

"Hey, boy-toy. Where do you think you're going?" A young, brunette woman asked as she ran her boney fingers across my chest.

Wet, black eyeliner coated the creases of her lustful eyes, sending horror through my veins.

"Uh..." I was at a lost of words. She was a ghost. What was she planning to do?

"You seem really flushed. I can help you calm down." She sneered seductively as she grabbed my hand, guiding me to the stairs.

"No!" I yelped, as I snatched my hand back and raced to my room. I quickly shut the door and locked it as I heard her annoying voice utter, "I wouldn't have done that, boy-toy."

The ghosts had something planned. What exactly? I had no idea. I just knew one thing for sure.

My family was not going to die tonight.

-
-

I packed my suitcase to the max and rushed to the stairs, hoping to make it to the car.

Furious screams invaded my ears as I made my way to the wooden landing. Looking down to the first floor, a burned woman shot me an envious sneer.

Something inside me guided me towards her. I dropped my suitcase on cue and raced down the stairs to follow her.

Her inflamed hand hooked on my wrist, leading me into the living room towards the fireplace.

She smiled as her words like honey flew from her mouth. "Feel my pain. See what he did to me." Pulling my hand closer and closer to the fire.

"Who?" I asked.

"He did this too me. Be my release, Park. Embrace the flames." She stated as she gleamed at me with hope hanging in her eyes.

My fingers traced the rim of the flames, causing a burning sensation throughout my entire body. "The pain helps." She lured.

Suddenly, grasping me from my thoughts a strained voice called out for me. "No!" It said.

Turning around, I saw Violet, standing there with terror in her eyes. "Get away from him!" She shrieked as she shoved the flamed woman from me. "Comon' Park!" She yelled as we raced toward the front door.

-
-

"You have to leave right now!" She whispered, trying not to cause any of the other ghosts to notice my presence as we hid behind the wooden, windowsill.

"That's what I was trying to do, until psycho woman over there tried to burn me." I stated as adrenaline coarsed through my nervous veins.

"Where are you mom's?" She asked.

"They are packing, or at least I think."

"Okay, okay. I will get them. Go wait in the car. Get it ready and set it in the driveway. Be sure it's ready, so when Janice and Tanya come, you guys can leave right away. Okay?" She stammered.

"But will I ever see you again?" I asked, as curiosity flooded my system.

"It's not important. What's important is that you leave, safe and sound. Okay?"

I nodded as she raced away back into the house. "It's important to me..." I mumbled, staring at an old cigarette butt. It must have been Violets.

I carefully hid it into my back pocket and headed towards the driveway to start the car up.

-
-

Jumping into the Honda minivan, I raced my hand across the glove box and opened it.

My parents always had a habit of keeping the car unlocked and hiding the keys in the glove box. So smart right? But in this situation, it was genius.

Suddenly, nervousness whipped across me like a treacherous wave. The keys were gone. In it's place was a ripped piece of scrap paper.

Inside it read a note,

Sorry boy-toy!

I couldn't let you get away that fast.
Come down to the basement and give me what I want or else your mommies might be in a sticky situation.

Xoxo

And with that, A dreadful scream came from the second floor.

The worst part? It was Violets scream.

-
-

4/7

Hey guys!

Hope you like this chapter as much as I do(: I love all the drama, haha.
Thank you so much for all of the reads! That's amazing(:

Need atleast 5+ comments & 10 votes
for a new chapter(:

Xoxo
McKenna