Chapter 7

*Violets POV*

"Go away, Tate. I need to do this." I mumbled, not even looking in his direction.

Could he not take a hint? I didn't want to see him. He ruined us before it really began. God. Why did he always have to be everywhere. Even when he goes into the Realm, where we hide when we don't want to or can't be seen, I can still sense him.

He was everywhere. In the walls. In the air. In my mind. I can't run away from him.

Like a hawk, his large talons were latched on my shoulders and I just needed to rip him off.

"Why? You know you'll come back to me. Last time you said you never wanted to see me again, but look at you now." He smirked.

"Well if you weren't such a dick the first time around, we could be together right now."

"I told you, I made a mistake. Everyone does. Why can't you just forgive me? It's not like you've never made a mistake before."

"I can't do this. You have lied to me too many to make me trust you again." He gracefully hung his arms around my neck.

"Don't you want this?" He asked.

"Yes. I would love it-" I admitted.

"See? Why can't you just forgive and forget."

"I would, but I can't. You demolished any chance you could have had. I'm sorry, I have to go." I quickly shoved him off of me and made my way downstairs.

-
-

As I crept downstairs, I heard Moira and Vivian talking.

"Oh, Vivian! Have you heard about the new homeowners? Apparently that real estate owner was by yesterday to take a few photos." Moira informed, while taking a sip of her camomile tea. Her hands curled around the fragile china, they looked like old, pale tissue paper. God. How old was she?

"Marcy?" My mother gasped.

"No. Actually, Marcy has finally given up on this house. It's a new lady now, I don't recall her name exactly. Was it Rebecca? Anyway, there are some very interested buyers apparently. They are moving from Portland and coming to see the house tomorrow."

"Well, do you know who's in the family?"

"It's a gay couple. I think their names are Tanya and Janice. They have one son, he is around Violets age, maybe a year older. What was his name? Ohhh! It was Park, that's it."

"Well, we better get our props ready. We don't want this family to suffer like us." Vivian admitted and with that I vanished.

-
-

A new family? Why couldn't people read the stories about this house? It was haunted. There had been multiple sightings of ghosts, demonic signs, and it was on Hollywoods goddamn ghost tour.

If they wanted this house that badly, they must be dying to get in.

-
-

*Tates POV*

I let her do it. I let Violet destroy her body, while I just sat there like a coward, not knowing what to do. If only she could see how beautiful she was, then maybe she would stop. Or maybe it wasn't about beauty? Was it about dying? Was it about me?

God, if she was hurting herself because of me I might flip. I scurried down to the basement as fast as I could.

"Hayden?" I croaked.

"Prince Charming." She smirked as she walked closer she ran her frigid hands along my chest.

"Get off of me. I need your help."

"Well, there's going to be a price."

"No, I'm not having sex with you, but atleast hear me out. You always complain about how I cry at night and how annoying I am. If you do what I ask, I won't bug you again." I stated, hoping that would be a good enough bet, since I had nothing else to offer.

"Okay, loverboy. What is it?"

"I need you to get Violet to talk to me."

"Okay. Hide in the attic. She'll be there in a minute."

-
-

*Violets POV*

I sat alone, with my journal and my headphones on listening to Nirvana. I was actually feeling alive for once. Needing a smoke, I checked my back pocket and they were gone. I looked on the floor, behind me, they had disappeared.

"Looking for this?" Hayden mocked as she waved my fresh, new pack of Marlboro in her snake-like hands.

"Give them back." I yelped as I jumped of the brick windowsill to grab them.

"You do as I say and I will."

"What then?"

"Go up to the attic. I left my ring up there, and Beau kinda freaks me out. Please?"

"No, go get your own skanky ring."

"Fine then." She raced to the bathroom and hovered the pack of cigarettes over the toilet."

"No! Please no! I don't know when I'll get another pack."

"Then do as I ask."

"Fine." I grumbled and made my way to the attic.

-
-

Just as I got onto the attic landing, Hayden kicked up the stairs.

"Bitch." I mumbled. I started looking around for her so called ring.

"There is no ring." A voice quietly mumbled.

"Beau?" I asked.

Suddenly, the voice stepped forth, and standing in front of me, Tate.

Tate Langdon.

-
-

3/10

Hey guys(:

I'm going to start putting the dates on my authors notes, so you know when I've updated(:
Hope you like this chapter!
Comment and like for a new chapter(:

Xoxo

Mckenna🌿